Hi I am Melody and I am wanting to lose 150 pounds

Options
Hi I am 54 years old and just had gastric bypass surgery a month ago and I am needing to lose 150 pounds. I need support and want to support others on their journey.

Replies

• Kimberlycraske
    Kimberlycraske Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im kim im getting ready for weight loss surgry and im realy scared i toi need support. How are you doing
  • duckie_chickie88
    duckie_chickie88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am getting surgery June 2nd. Feel free to add me! :)
  • whitedave08
    whitedave08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for making a brave, healthy lifestyle decision.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I wish you all the luck on your journey! :) Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have my doubts about gastric bypass as a nurse. Just a bandaid. Until you get to the reason for your overeating you will not be successful no matter what intervention. Most people I have known gain their weight back.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here's to a healthier you. Healthy eating is a must , exercise of some sort is a must ( please make sure you get dr approval before you start). You can do this. Bad days will happen but you don't have to let them continue. Every day is a new day. Every day the choices are yours. Do I want to binge eat , do I want to really go for that walk, etc. the choice is yours. Since you had the surgery I am sure you are serious about weight. With some will power and determination you can do it. We are here to support you. Read the forums, ask questions,track foods, exercise, etc. glad you joined an awesome community.
  • diggerdougie
    diggerdougie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you hunni, I Need to lose at least half my weight before the doc will op on me so its going to be a long slog!
  • DeliRoutledge79
    DeliRoutledge79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Hope the surgery kick starts some healthy eating habits and lifestyle changes for you to help you lose the weight and keep it off.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you sweetheart! Many people have had success with weight loss surgery.
    Don't let other's opinions of it being a "bandaid" effect you.
    Look at it more as a tool to help you get where you need to be.
    The surgery will be hard, it's not easy and you do have to make life changes in your eating habits.
    I myself have my first consultation with a weight surgeon on 6/9/16, you may add me if you have any questions or need support. As soon as I was diagnosed with diabetes I quit soda cold turkey, I don't have much starch- bread, pasta, rice, processed sugars etc. I eat a lot of non starchy veggies, and fish and chicken. I am always trying new recipes too so add me if you'd like. This goes for anyone here as well. I have PCOS for those other girls who may suffer from that. Let's do this together! :)
  • michaeladickson92
    michaeladickson92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done on starting a change! I hope you're feeling alright after your surgery.

Something I found helped me in losing weight at the beginning was portion size - if you monitor it and cut it down, it can help a lot! Also, weighing yourself every 14 days rather than every 7 also helped me stay on track.

Good luck!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Anyone over 300lb now or in past is welcome to join a supportive group on here for those of us with a lot to lose and a long journey ahead. None of us are perfect but we share our ups and downs and have optional challenges to help stay motivated etc.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group
  • Taylordriven
    Taylordriven Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    Well I'm not that far away from 300lbs. I currently weigh 240lbs! I would love to join your group! My goal weight is 135lbs! Just started my low carb diet yesterday! Welcome!
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! Well done on taking this step, just remember that it still comes down to what you put in your mouth but if you put in the work and commitment you'll do just fine. Remember your reasons why you had the surgery and do everything you can to make it a success, now you can look forward to a far healthier new you!