I only weigh myself in the morning...I weigh less!! :)

Options
Does anyone else do this? I weight myself in the morning before eating/drinking/etc because then I get to see a lower number. If I weigh myself at night I typically weigh at least 2 lbs more...haha. Am I alone in this?

By the way...feel free to add me as a friend...let's hold each other accountable!! :D

Replies

• thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I've heard several times that you should weigh in the morning for that reason... I always have
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I won't weight myself til the next day if I have eaten or drank anything.....
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    I always do my weigh ins in the morning, after I empty my bladder. :)
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I do this. I weigh myself every morning too. When I see a lower number on the scale I log it and when the scale goes up, i keep my weight as the smallest one I saw. that is until the nest smallest number shows up. At first this was hard and would make me upset anytime I saw a gain, but now, I expect gains and am very surprised when i see it go down. It makes me happy this way.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's usually when I weigh myself, I do notice that my weight in the evening is usually more than what it is in the morning.
  • allagal
    allagal Posts: 3
    Options
    "I always do my weigh ins in the morning, after I empty my bladder. :)"

Haha. I was going to mention that but didn't know how to word it without creating a TMI moment!!
  • michelnie
    michelnie Posts: 30
    Options
    Yep you're not alone I do the same thing! It's a good way to check your weight when you've had nothing yet during the day. Although when you weigh in you should weigh in at around same time of day to give you a good idea.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've heard several times that you should weigh in the morning for that reason... I always have

ditto. For an accurate weight reading you should weigh in the morning in the same situation (amount of clothing, after using the bathroom, before eating...etc.)
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? I weight myself in the morning before eating/drinking/etc because then I get to see a lower number. If I weigh myself at night I typically weigh at least 2 lbs more...haha. Am I alone in this?

By the way...feel free to add me as a friend...let's hold each other accountable!! :D

Yep, morning after the loo, it's more accurate that way!xx
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the mornings as well.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I totally do this too! And I only weigh if I do number 1 and number 2. .. it REALLY makes a difference :)
  • lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also have weighed myself in the am and then again in the pm. I have noticed if I weigh myself in the pm and I am at the weight I have been in the am (which is not every day) then I know I will lose a pound or so......Which I like.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You should always weigh yourself at the same time of the day! Because everyone's weight fluctuates through out the day!