Reducing breast size?

Options
I'm aware you can't reduce fat from a certain area of the body alone without doing it all over... but are there any exercises that can help reduce the size if you are already slim? They hurt, i feel out of proportion and clothes are a pain to look right. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    No, not that I'm aware of.

See a surgeon if you are that unhappy. Reduction is often covered by health insurance.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you have a high body fat percentage, lowering it can help. But unfortunately, not all women experience any reduction with loss. I lost 70 lbs and didn't lose any size - in fact, because of the way bra measurement works, I gained cup sizes from a 38DD to 34G
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If you suffer back pain, insurance may cover reduction.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Breast Reduction surgery exists for a reason. :(
  • amylouisechambers
    amylouisechambers Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you have a high body fat percentage, lowering it can help. But unfortunately, not all women experience any reduction with loss. I lost 70 lbs and didn't lose any size - in fact, because of the way bra measurement works, I gained cup sizes from a 38DD to 34G

I'm a 32/34 G too. I might get my body fat measured and see if theres anything I can do there :) Thanks x
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you are thin bodied if you fit into a 32. VERY SMALL.
    Try to avoid ultra low fat diets.
    The body needs fat to function. Essential for brain function and some vitamin absorption.
    Be careful.
    Talk to your doctor first.
    Put your health first.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If your breasts are mostly fat, weight loss can help shrink them. Mine shrank from 48D to 34C. If your breasts are mostly breast tissue, you're best off talking to a doctor about reduction surgery because weight loss won't help that.
  • Aellio290
    Aellio290 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll take 1-2 cup sizes from you ;)

....I could use a little extra!
  • MelaniaTrump
    Options
    How much do you weigh, and how tall are you.
    Dieting may not be the best option if you extremely small.
  • amylouisechambers
    amylouisechambers Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh, and how tall are you.
    Dieting may not be the best option if you extremely small.

I wouldnt say I was extremely small. I weigh around 9 stone and I'm around 5"5 and UK size 8-10. I think weight lifting might be a better option than dieting maybe?
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big-breasted problem, I'm quite the opposite actually, but I'm wondering if strength training on the back and pectoral muscles might help support them? That and really good quality bras. I have a friend with this problem. I'd talk to the doctor if it's causing discomfort.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Most of the difference in boob size is fat, but if you are already lean and they are still bigger than you want, then that's just where your body holds fat, you probably have a great thin curvy body type! I don't know anybody who has successfully lobbied for insurance to pay for reduction and if you are 32G you aren't so crazy big, just disproportionate in your own eyes, yes? I think that if it's just looks, finding a bra that gives you the profile you like (or closer to it) is a better idea than surgery.

• MelaniaTrump
    Options
    @robininfl Great answer.
    In the US, she can go to a store like JCPenny and get fitted for a minimizer bra.
    They also professionally measure you (you get to keep your clothes on).
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "I must, I must, I must decrease my my bust"
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    No, not that I'm aware of.

See a surgeon if you are that unhappy. Reduction is often covered by health insurance.

Agreed. I knew a girl that was so petite and had very large breasts. She said it was so painful on her back. She did have a reduction paid for by insurance and went through physical therapy for the pain also. She was much happier after. That's something to maybe look into.

But I also would think that building some muscles in your back may help to a certain extent. I don't have any experience with that though as I'm pretty flat chested. It's worth a shot though if surgery doesn't seem appealing/isn't an option.
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. I've lost weight all over but have lost nothing in my chest.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I would start with making sure you're wearing the proper bra size. Wearing a well fitted bra can make a world of a difference. It did for me. I was originally sized by Victoria's Secret & they put me in a 36D which I thought was fine, until I went to Nordstrom and they put me in a 32DDD/E. The 32E was a complete change and provided fantastic support that my back stopped hurting.

If it's not the bra, then look into surgery. But be aware that not all insurances will cover it. Some insurances look at it as cosmetic surgery which is not covered. I'm not sure what the proper channels are to go through to get the insurance to look at it as a necessity and not cosmetic is, but I would think it would involve a referral from a chiropractor.