Not enough calories

Options
I recently had surgery and have not had much of an appetite. Most days, I'm not meeting the minimum 1200 calories. I just don't want to eat. I do like liquids though. Especially V8 juice. Unfortunately, when I have a 400 calorie deficit, I'd have to drink the whole bottle and that's just too much. I'm wondering if I should make protein shakes, but I don't know if they're high in sugar and I'm trying to steer clear of sugar. What would you suggest?

Replies

• jess91787
    jess91787 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use the EAS (Energy*Athletics*Strength) 100% Whey Protein powder for my Protein Shakes and they're great in sugar, only 1g of sugar for 23g protein.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Soup is always good just watch the sodium.
  • sheroar50
    sheroar50 Posts: 9
    Options
    "veggie" shakes are good way to hit your calorie and protien count without messing up the carb count!! get a decent food processor and go to work with it!!! (you can always add some fruit for flavor too). tanya from lansing
  • julieraeeager
    Options
    Hey Adrienne, my friend sells ReLIv....you can read about it on line. There products are expensive but if you think of spending an extra 15 per week on groceries, it isn't so bad. They have great shakes and I am using a drink that has collagen which is great for your muscles, tendons, and skin. It is high quality protein, easily digested. My kidneys and bowels even started working better. If you are interested let me know, I can get you some. You buy one month's supply at a time. You get your money back if it doesn't help you. I know my friend would come and explain it all to you and make suggestions.