So hungry again!

Options
Since March 2016 I have used MFP and lost 19lbs. I am 5'3 and weight 161 right now. My caloric intake is 1230/day and I exercise 3-4 times a week (although I do not generally eat back all those calories). At times my hunger is average, fulfilled by my food intake. However, at times my hunger increases and nothing seems to satisfy it for long. Looking for guidance on this pattern - is there something that I am doing that helps/hurts hunger? Recommendations for addressing times when I am so hungry and 1230 plus exercise seems impossible to do?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    On the days that you exercise, try eating more. Say if you burn 200 calories during exercise add another 200 calories to your meal plan.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat (this varies by person but works for me), and fiber seem to be the most filling food types. I find that on days when I feel especially hungry, I will look at my diary and realize that I am low in protein and/or fat.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Do the hungry days coincide with your TOM? Many women report increased hunger at that time.
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back all my exercise calories, but there are days, sometimes weeks where I'm more hungry. If I'm truly hungry. Not eating because of emotions or boredom. Truly physically hungry, my body is telling me something, so I eat! Make a good choice and move on.
  • lasirena624
    lasirena624 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp - ovulation coincides with my increased hunger! Julie2038 noted.