Craving chocolate !

Options
Craving chocolate after a meal ... Why ?

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Have you allowed yourself to eat any? Once in awhile I eat a little just to make that "craving" go away. I don't really consider it a craving, I just want some and if it fits in my daily allotment I eat it. I remember when dessert was an important conclusion to a meal. It's taken me years to decide that wasn't a good thing every day.
  • attb2015
    attb2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have .. But feel bad.. Having it only have a few squares of chocolate but feel better afterwards
    It only happens a few times a week so I guess that's ok
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    attb2015 wrote: »
    I have .. But feel bad.. Having it only have a few squares of chocolate but feel better afterwards
    It only happens a few times a week so I guess that's ok

If you're going to maintain a good weight for life, your plan needs to be sustainable. That means if you want chocolate, leaving the calories for a little bit of chocolate. You don't need to feel guilty if it fits into your daily goal.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How salty are your meals??
    Sometimes a salty meal will then cause you to crave that creamy, melty delicious stuff :)

I say buy some that are individually wrapped, plan your cals for it, then eat it.

It wouldn't be a craving that would always be there -- it will taper off.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A little chocolate a few times a week is not a thing to feel bad about. Chocolate is good for you, rich in antioxidants and high in magnesium. Just make sure you are enjoying real cocoa and not just chocolate flavored sugar and milk. Remember darker is better.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    A square of a good quality dark chocolate is about 50 calories and full of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which are essential fatty acids. Don't eat 500 calories worth, but enjoy a little.