30 Days and No Results

I've been dieting pretty consistently for a month now, and have yet to see ANY results. I have not gained more, but I have not lost a single pound.

I don't have a regular exercise regimen but I am constantly biking and/or walking as my transportation. I don't have many minutes to spare in my day, so finding time to exercise is next to impossible but I am at my wits end... Do I just need to sacrifice something and find a time to exercise?

HELP!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Are you using a food scale to weigh all solid foods?
    Using measuring cups/spoons only for liquids?
    Are you picking accurate database entries? (there is a lot of inaccurate entries in the database)
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    You said you've been dieting pretty consistently for the last month. But are you logging every single thing that goes into your mouth? Are you weighing everything on scale? How many calories are you eating a day? What are your stats ( age, height, weight, how much you have to loose)? As long as you eat at a deficit you will loose. If not you won't. You're probably eating more than you think you are.
    As to exercise that's a great bonus if you can for it into your routine, but you can loose by just watching what you eat.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Here's every response in a nutshell:

Are you weighing all your food in grams on a digital food scale?

Are you logging everything you eat?

When logging, are you making sure to use the correct entries and verifying those against other sources?

How tall are you, how old are you, how much are you trying to lose?

How did you determine how many calories to eat each day?

You don't need exercise to lose weight, only a calorie deficit. If you're not losing you're eating too much, retaining water, not giving it enough time, ect, ect, ect

**insert chart here**
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Eat less calories since moving more is not an option for you.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    open the diary and let us in to take a peek......
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

When logging, are you making sure to use the correct entries and verifying those against other sources?

You don't need exercise to lose weight, only a calorie deficit. If you're not losing you're eating too much, retaining water, not giving it enough time, ect, ect, ect

**insert chart here**

I'm self-appointed chart girl today..haha!

yb21rv70ptrp.jpg

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

**insert chart here**

Whew, thanks for covering all of that for us. I guess we can close the thread now since you've managed to condense everything down like that. No need for any of us to be here.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,986 Member
    I've been dieting pretty consistently for a month now, and have yet to see ANY results. I have not gained more, but I have not lost a single pound.

I don't have a regular exercise regimen but I am constantly biking and/or walking as my transportation. I don't have many minutes to spare in my day, so finding time to exercise is next to impossible but I am at my wits end... Do I just need to sacrifice something and find a time to exercise?

HELP!

If you're not losing, you're likely eating more than you think and/or burning less than you think.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member

**insert chart here**

Whew, thanks for covering all of that for us. I guess we can close the thread now since you've managed to condense everything down like that. No need for any of us to be here.

If I missed anything, please feel free to add
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

**insert chart here**

If I missed anything, please feel free to add

I've given my advice already up above. Just not a fan of people snarking those of us trying to give advice.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    OP, you need to be more specific. What exactly do you mean when you say you've been 'dieting pretty consistently'?

And it would help if you made your food diary public so we can get an idea of how much you're eating.