Anyone need to lose 100+ lbs?

Options

Replies

• egowens05
    egowens05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way until I started taking through some posts in the community. I realized that I am not the only one with 100+ to lose. We are not alone. We can do this. One day at a time.
  • walkerlark
    walkerlark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need to lose close 70 to 100 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend. I need to find people that are motivated because it gets hard sometimes
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose. I am 9 pounds in and struggling due to injury and PCOS. It seems impossible at times, but I have to keep reminding myself to not focus on the number so much, but how I feel. I have only lost 9 pounds in 60 days, but I feel a huge difference in my joints, my energy and my flexibility. I avoid the scale except for once a month so I dont get discouraged, and instead of a regimented exercise plan, I just make sure I do one active thing a day. Usually a hobby, like swimming, horseback riding, walking my dogs, rollerblading, shopping..etc.
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How do I add a friend
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Not anymore!!! :) Im down about 75#, with 15-25 left (not exactly sure).
  • maryclaire82
    maryclaire82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Close...I need to lose almost 90. Looking to get back (or close to) to my happy weight when I was in my twenties! I'm just getting started now. :) My focus is on eating healthy during the day...I wrecked my metabolism by eating nothing all day & overeating at night. New to this site as well!
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I got lots to lose, like 140+. feel free to add me
  • lostgoals
    lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My goal is a 100 but I am pretty sure it will be upped as I am closing in on the 60 lost, still a ways to go so if you'd like to add me I am game. I started in February and if your mind is ready, your body will follow!
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I started with over 130 to lose... I'm down almost 90. Look for lifestyle changes not "diets". Eating healthy and exercise needs to be part of your daily life forever, not just until some magic number is achieved. It takes a while to lose a lot of weight.... but it doesn't take long to feel better physically and mentally for losing some of that weight. Even though I have about 40-50lb more to go until my goal, I feel a million times better than I did before.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @poppejennifer to add someone as a friend first click on their profile then click "add friend". Then click "send request", filling out the message box if you'd like.
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with crohn's disease I don't understand how I can be sick all the time and not lose weight I eat very healthy and clean however the scale does not seem to but I am generally within 100 calories of my goal which are calculated to be at or around 1500 calories any advice would be helpful. I have a very hard time eating fruits and vegetables so I have to eat what my body will allow me I'm so frustrated and overwhelmed I just want to cry I am a relatively active person except for when I am in a flare up which is very debilitating and painful
  • wrrly
    wrrly Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm in this 100+ club and taking my time. It's a life-change, not a diet. Whatever I chose to do, I have to be comfortable enough to live with it. I've been at it for just over 1 year, started at over 300 pounds and lost 57. In my head, I'm aiming for another 50. From there I'll reach for the next 25.

It goes in bursts and spurts, I've fallen and picked myself back up. Perhaps the best advice I've seen - and witnessed through other's actions - is to keep logging. Even on those days that clearly *sucked*, keep coming back. Anecdotally, the people who have been the most successful are those that keep coming back to MFP and logging.

Feel free to cry, complain, moan... you're not alone. Set small milestones for yourself. Time will feel as if it's crawling, but these little steps in the right direction *do* add up. I've seen it.

I live by the analogy "how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time."
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with crohn's disease I don't understand how I can be sick all the time and not lose weight I eat very healthy and clean however the scale does not seem to but I am generally within 100 calories of my goal which are calculated to be at or around 1500 calories any advice would be helpful. I have a very hard time eating fruits and vegetables so I have to eat what my body will allow me I'm so frustrated and overwhelmed I just want to cry I am a relatively active person except for when I am in a flare up which is very debilitating and painful

Where as healthy and clean eating may be a priority for some.... it's not required for weight loss. Many people will say get a scale and weight EVERYTHING to the gram. I first thought this was extreme, but when I started doing it I was shocked at what I thought I was eating and the weight started coming off. It takes some effort (and can be frustrating) at first... but we are worth it and a healthy life is worth it! Best of luck. Also, best to look at exercise at a plus to weight loss and the added physical benefit of exercise... it's hard to create most of ones calorie deficit via exercise.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started with 204 to lose. I have restarted the journey recently and I have lost 17 lbs so far. I have a very long way to go, but this took decades to gain and it's not going away overnight. For me, I do a combination of paleo/mostly "clean eating" and calorie-counting (so I don't eat too little and crash my metabolism. I wouldn't necessarily recommend for everyone (most should lose with just reducing calories), but I have insulin resistance and PCOS, and this has not only worked for me so far, but has cut my sugar cravings significantly and I have more energy. In any case, losing a lot is daunting, but every "small" loss is going in the right direction on the scale, which is definitely a win.
  • michaelhcox
    michaelhcox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started May 11, 2015 at 280 pounds. Today is May 11, 2016, and I weigh 178.6 lbs. It is definitely doable. Just keep at it, take it one day at a time.
  • WithGodICanDoThis
    WithGodICanDoThis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I have 100+ to lose!! Feel free to add me if you are in it for the long haul, like I am!!!
  • sshaiwan1
    sshaiwan1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 80.. 100 wouldn't either. I'm with you..I've lost 6lbs so far..80-100 seems like a dream.
  • sshaiwan1
    sshaiwan1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I meant 100 wouldn't be bad either...smh
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose as well. My advice to you is don't be too restrictive, allow yourself a small treat, find exercise that you enjoy (I started going to a boxing gym, and I have so much fun I don't even realize I worked out for 90 minutes! It makes all the difference when you're having fun), try new exercises until you find something you enjoy) and take it one day at a time. You can do this!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I've got 70 - 80 to go. Maybe a little more. I'm down 80 so far.
    Slow and steady!