OK I ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING AT ONE AND FAIL

Options
SO IM STARTING OVER YET AGAIN FOCUSING ON EATING BETTER THEN WHEN I HAVE THAT DOWN I WILL FOCUS ON GETTING MY BUTT TO THE GYM :)

Replies

• Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    Options
    If you fail, it may because you are trying too hard. Try to set small achievable goals; Walk for 30 mins, take the stairs instead of the elevators, skip the desert. These small changes can have a real result, and when you start feeling it, you'll be motivated to make larger changes; Run for 15 mins, skip french fries, etc.

You just basically have to realize that it's going to take work to become the person you want to be, but you are totally worth it.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    If you mess up once, it's not the end of the world :) You don't have to "start over" or call yourself a "failure"...just make better choices tomorrow or even at the next meal!

I make small goals for myself everyday...have one servings of cereal for breakfast, get in a walk with the dog, don't go for seconds at dinner!

It makes living healthier easier and makes me feel great because I get to accomplish these mini goals throughout the day!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    SO IM STARTING OVER YET AGAIN FOCUSING ON EATING BETTER THEN WHEN I HAVE THAT DOWN I WILL FOCUS ON GETTING MY BUTT TO THE GYM :)
    That's what I found to work when I started out picking one thing, then when you're feeling comfortable about that one, pick another etc.

Overloading and trying to make ALL the changes at once can be quite overwhelming and lead to wanting to give up.

Sometimes getting the full days water in is a place some start, or as you shared, concentrate on the food. Remember though, you can even break that down to beginning to always eat breakfast, or eat more veggies, or less simple carbs.

You'll do great, I too found it worked best for me to make corrections in my food intake and then begin some workout activity, even then try not to go overboard as in all or nothing but more than you're doing now is always a good place to start.:flowerforyou:
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Definitely take your time, we are human and not perfect, so just because you have one day when maybe you didn't eat so good or exercise as much as you feel you should, its not a failure...look at it as a day off, go easy on yourself and pick it right back up the next day.

Personally I found the little changes made such a difference to me, parking my car in the farthest point of a parking lot, walking to work a couple days a week, taking the stairs, once I started doing that and seeing little results it motivated me to doing more.

Remember what works for one person doesn't always work for another, we are all individuals, so find something that works for you and that you can live with.

Good luck to you,
  • jpanderson9
    jpanderson9 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I do the same thing! I'm a bit of a perfectionist so eating perfectly is difficult for me because I never see it as good enough. I start with working out, after an injury I'm now able to swim 5x a week - granted not for and not fast ;-). But now I'm to the point where I realize that my eating habits are going to counteract all my hard work! But that's just me!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Try not to make it an all or nothing thing. Often the greatest success comes after the biggest "failures". Just keep working toward your goal. You can't succeed if you don't even try....
    YOU GOT THIS!
  • ashleyk0407
    ashleyk0407 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    THANKS GUYS I WILL TAKE ALL YOUR ADVICE AND FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED TO DO JUST MAKE SMALL CHANGES THEN GO FROM THERE AND IF I MAKE A MISTAKE NOT TAKE IT AS TOTAL FAILURE :)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs and given up smoking !!! But yep I def need to get myself in gear to tone up... I am currently a slim fatty !!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You are showing great detemination. Keep your goals and your plan realistic. If you are working on eating better and set a goal of 2 lbs a week you may miss the mark and become discouraged. On the flip side if you set you goal to lose 1/2 lb and you get in a few walks an lose a pound it will keep you motivated. Don't give up.

Best wishes.