I need help with dinner!

GreatSetOfBrains
GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
Okay guys I have a lot of red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, yellow onions and chives, and mushrooms left over from when I made stir-fry. Other than making more stir-fry or kabobs, what can I make?!?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Do you have turkey or chicken sausage? I love sausage and peppers.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    fajitas!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Stuffed Pepper Soup. This is Cooking Light - yum!

Ingredients
    1/2 pound ground round (or turkey)
    2 cups chopped green bell pepper (a mixture is good)
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted - I use Amy's or Progresso (less sugar than Campbell's!)
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice (or brown rice)

Basil is a nice addition too.

Preparation
    Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked white rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Stuffed peppers! We had a ton of bell peppers left over from a BBQ once so I made a filling and we had stuffed peppers sprinkled with low-fat cheese. You can mix rice with extra lean ground beef & tomatoes as a filling.. that's the most common I think. But there are a ton of recipes online if you'd like to do the filling differently! They're very yummy :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    -quesadillas
    -stuffed peppers with veggies, rice & beans or meat
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    or cut them all up, throw some italian dressing on them and put them in a foil pouch and throw them on the grill until they're cooked to your liking! i do this with alll kinds of veggies in the summer time. i love it!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    I agree with quesadillas!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    :bigsmile: make a pasta salad with whole wheat pasta and lt mayo....thats how I make mine and it's super delish:bigsmile:
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Lentil herb salad with peppers/mushrooms
    I also toss in with Barley and Quinoa.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    fajitas!!

this!!!!!!! omg i love fajitas! put some pico and put them on corn tortillas and its delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    I always keep peppers and onions in the fridge bc I throw them in my salad (I have a salad every night with dinner and sometimes lunch IS a salad). You can also throw them in omlets or just sautee them as a side. I use peppers and onions on tacos too. Or in wraps. Or put them on top of grilled chicken and melt a little cheese over for a dinner idea. Trow them in rice. Pasta salad....
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Well ladies i have some ides, I will pry have to use more than one, but for tonight I think fajitas it is! Thanks guys, I love this place!!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Stuffed Pepper Soup. This is Cooking Light - yum!

Ingredients
    1/2 pound ground round (or turkey)
    2 cups chopped green bell pepper (a mixture is good)
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted - I use Amy's or Progresso (less sugar than Campbell's!)
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice (or brown rice)

Basil is a nice addition too.

Preparation
    Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked white rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.

That sounds wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.