Did you have a positive experience with BBG ( body, bikini guide)? Would love to hear some stories!

Options
Has anyone completed the BBG program? I do strength training twice a week, but after seeing the great results people experience on Instagram, I wanted to know if the program is actually as good as it seems? Did you experience muscle again and weightloss? How much did you lose? Were you also following the nutrition plan that comes with the program?

I am trying to both lose weight and gain muscle and this program looks great (even if I only use it as a supplement to my other workouts).

Replies

• ErryDayImHustlin
    ErryDayImHustlin Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didnt know what BBG was so I had to google it.. Half of what I clicked on is behind a paywall. Looks like a mix of cardio and weight training, just like every other plan out there. It doesnt look terrible, but I would recommend you do something far less complicated. Something like All Pros makes more sense IMO.

Its debatable whether or not lean mass can be gained in a deficit, but you want to at least maintain what you have. Make sure to get adequate protein and concentrate on heavy compound exercises.

edit: http://www.noholita.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/KI-Bikini-Body-Training-Guide.pdf

LOL the number of exercises in this program is ridiculous.
  • Myjourney2345
    Myjourney2345 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didnt know what BBG was so I had to google it.. Half of what I clicked on is behind a paywall. Looks like a mix of cardio and weight training, just like every other plan out there. It doesnt look terrible, but I would recommend you do something far less complicated. Something like All Pros makes more sense IMO.

Its debatable whether or not lean mass can be gained in a deficit, but you want to at least maintain what you have. Make sure to get adequate protein and concentrate on heavy compound exercises.

Yeah, I don't understand the hype around it, but I wanted to know if it is as amazing as Instagram users make it out of be. I think I will stick to my HIIT with weights. I enjoy group fitness classes which is why I continue to do bootcamp 2-3 times a week, I hope I will be able to at least maintain my muscle mass while at a caloric deficit. Although, I find that when I lose weight my stomach looks amazing and my abs show, and my arms are very tone, but I am never able to to transform my bottom :(.
  • ksutherland677
    ksutherland677 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and I love it. I'm not using the food guide (just counting calories) but it's boosted my weight loss. The first week showed how pathetically out of shape I was and I'm happy with my strength increase in just 4 weeks. I have a friend who's consistently strength trained for over a year and these workouts even kick her butt and she's "in shape."