Food

Options
Im the laziest and not the best cook but willing to give things a go. Anyone suggest some meals or snacks that keep you full but are low in calories. I feel i eat and am hungry 5 mins later which is not helping my weight loss.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Fiber packed vegetables. Unfortunately though, some of the most caloric items such as almonds, salmon, eggs....keep you satiated longer
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Two eggs fried in half a tbsp of butter. 190 cals. Filling.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, people will help you.
    Maybe you are eating stuff like Ramen Noodles that last about 10 minutes
    My diary is open, and people really helped me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Try to get enough protein and fats in your day. Meat, eggs, seafood, beans, peas, lentils, full fat dairy products, nuts, seeds, avocados.
    Get more fiber. Try whole grains. Fill your plate with lots of vegetables. Have a salad with your meal. White potatoes and sweet potatoes are pretty filling. Eat whole fruit.
    Don't drink your calories.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have the same delema, finding filling protein rich satiating foods that are high calorie. I love veg and think I nee dto eat a lot more , but hard to make it tasty to want to eat in larger quantities and still leave me hungry an hour later.

on the potatos, I love them, they do seem filling, but I am concerned about the high carb / starch, is this a problem?

good point on drinking calories , easy to do with high sugar juices and other stuff like i love hot chocolate and capucchino
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pickles are 0 calorie and i love it as a snack. Eating low sodium sunflower seeds for an hour straight is only 100 calories. Vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, cucumbers and squash are very low calorie for a high amount of them. Boneless skinless chicken breast is 450 calories for a 12oz breast, very filling and high amounts of protein. Rice seems to fill me up as well as a bowl of salad. Tons of things out there that is good and filling with a lower amount of calories just got to look at the labels when shopping.
  • nikkii231
    nikkii231 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I dont drink my calories as i cant drink coffee or carbonated drinks, i have 2 cups of tea with skimmed milk otherwise water. I cant eat seeds, too many nuts, tomatoes, full fat dairy products. I have ulcerative colitis so gotta watch these things but some of the suggestions i can run with, really appreciate the comments.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would suggest cutting out the snacks and eat full meals instead. Everything you eat doesn't have to be "low calorie", it's the total of the day that decides if you are in a deficit or not. And the nutritional profile decides if you feel full or not. Have some food from every food group every day, and a variety in every meal. Can you eat vegetables besides tomato? Have some different vegetables with every meal. Don't pick the leanest fish and meat. How do you handle whole grains? The more fiber, the better for satiety. Fruit is also delicious and packed with nutrients.
  • nikkii231
    nikkii231 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from too many high fibre foods at the moment only because I have just been through a huge flare, was in hospital. Yea i can eat veg just not too much at the moment and im not a huge snacker just find it hard to stick to 1300 calories a day and feel full. I will most definitely try the suggestions of more meat and veg coz quite a lot of my diet is carbs (toast, mashed potatoes) which i know isnt great.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I eat cashwes as a snack that is filling
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    nikkii231 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I dont drink my calories as i cant drink coffee or carbonated drinks, i have 2 cups of tea with skimmed milk otherwise water. I cant eat seeds, too many nuts, tomatoes, full fat dairy products. I have ulcerative colitis so gotta watch these things but some of the suggestions i can run with, really appreciate the comments.

I'm glad you got some ideas.
    In future, when you are asking for advice about meals or snacks you should definitely mention your medical condition and food restrictions in your original post. You will get better answers.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @nikkii231 I have Crohn's so we probably have similar restrictions though I can't eat most veggies and fruits (lettuce and spinach being the worse!).

I really like eggs either scrambled or fried on an english muffin (homemade egg mcmuffin).