How to record P90 Cardio for Exercise? Any ideas?

Options
Gary6030
Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
How do I report my exercise for the P90 program? Anyone have any ideas. I did the Cardio last night and not sure how to measure the exercise?

Replies

• pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    First great job on the weight loss! My wife and I ware switching to P90x here pretty soon and I think you best bet is to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor. See what everyone else says and good luck.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    circuit training, maybe? I have a HRM, polar ft4, that I wear and I love it. You should invest in one, you'll love it too!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    most ppl add it in themselves. they use heart rate moniters. if not, you can try to search forums online to see an average burn for your weight/sex and add that number. though its likely that its slightly off of your personal #
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Measure under cardio. Make up your own exercise program and name it whatever you want. It helps if you had a HRM with a chest strap(more accurate), so you can put the correct calories burned in.
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Easiest way I'd say is to get a heart rate monitor for accuracy. In the mean time I'd add it as high impact aerobics.
  • joreddaway
    Options
    google it
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like HRM is the way to go. So do they automatically calculate calories burned?
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes. You need to get one with a chest strap. You put in all your info (weight, height, etc), and depending on your heart rate, it'll tell you how many calories burned. VERY useful.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's more strength training than cardio so you could use Circuit Training, thats what the 30 DS'ers use if you don't have a HRM.