Over 40....Making a change in 2016....end of year trip!!

Options
Hey all, my name is Will and I am a man over 40 who just got sick and tired....

Never been fit, never been a sports guy, but now I am convinced that living healthier is the only way to achieve a more fullfilling life.

Looking for guys and girls who is willing to embark on the journey and achieve a big enough comunity where we can share with, help, learn from, and support each other.

And may be, if we're lucky..create friendships, achieve our goals together, cheer each other on...and take a celebrating trip at the end of 2016.

Replies

• Will2029
    Will2029 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

My wife told me that I shoud not bother with planning the week and working the plan, because the first oportunity I get, I will eat out and throw away all of my efforts.

This kind of reply, actually used to make me feel very unwilling to move foward with my health goals.

Turns out, she is right, and it hurts me to have lost her confidence in me, and to have lost my confidence in myself.

So I am "getting up again" and eventhough I may fall off the wagon again, as it is expected of me. I will not stop getting up. Even if I drink, and don'tgo to the gym, even if I brake my diet...I will start again and again...until I can achieve what I want. Like I said in the "about me"section, I see that the major health problems (heart attack, cancer, diabetes) happens between the ages of 40 and 50...I am now 42....and nothing has happenend yet.

It's bound to happen, and I want to stop it before it does. I wish myself luck, and let's go for it.

I am pretty new to the discussion board, and I don't even know how to add friends or envite people. So if someone wants to take over....or envite me to their discussion...I'm in.
  • Will2029
    Will2029 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, it has been 11 days and I lost a couple of pounds.But I do notfeel really good, because dieting is kind of hard for me. I am taking baby steps, soon I'll get into a rhythm nd everything will fall into place.

I started thisjourney again with 240lbs. which is where I am now.

The goal is to come down to 195lbs.....45 lbs....Ideally this will happen in 12 weeks, but I have someconcerns about losing this much in this short period.

Supposedly. I should lose about 2 lbs per week, which will lend meat 216lbs. But I wnt to be at least at 205lbs.

Does anyone has any advice?