Nutrisystem vs Lean Cuisine?

Options
2»

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    PosterPens wrote: »
    i remember buying the nutrisystem and as soon as it arrived, i tried the mushroom risotto. I have never gagged so much in my life. it honestly not only looked like vomit, it tasted like it. returned that garbage as fast as i received it. YUCK!

on the other hand, some of lean cuisine's meals are so so so good...esp the french bread pizza. <3333

LOL the Lean Cuisine mushroom risotto is exactly the same!!!! It was absolutely awful.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Try and see what works for you. I started with Nutrisystem and still use it for the most part. It worked for me because I was obviously clueless about how much to eat. I helped teach me discipline. As I do not plan to eat Nutrisytem the rest of my life, I am learning how to eat on my own and get the results I want. If you can afford it, I say give it a try.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    The Lean Cuisines with a salad or a steamed vegetable work perfecly well in a pinch. I'm a fan of all of the pizzas, and the butternut squash ravioli..good stuff!
  • mythicool
    mythicool Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    they work... i lost 120lbs a few years ago using exclusively LC... id have a lean pocket or LC for lunch, and a LC with a steamer bag of veggies for dinner. much cheaper than Nutrisystem
  • ErryDayImHustlin
    ErryDayImHustlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem (and similar) are terrible ways to lose weight. The people who use them learn little to nothing about how to eat for the rest of their life and put the weight right back on...
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 fast pounds on nutri system then gained 30 right back
  • geministyle67
    geministyle67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Those of you that have found Lean Cuisines or other frozen dinners that you like, specific recommendations? I know everyone is different but I'm looking for some ideas as well. My waist is getting fat and my wallet thin from too much takeout at lunch, so I'm gonna do the frozen meal thing for awhile ...
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    @geministyle67 I like Santee Fe Rice and beans, French bread pizza, vegetable lasagna and black bean burgers.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Those of you that have found Lean Cuisines or other frozen dinners that you like, specific recommendations? I know everyone is different but I'm looking for some ideas as well. My waist is getting fat and my wallet thin from too much takeout at lunch, so I'm gonna do the frozen meal thing for awhile ...

I'm enjoying the Cafe Steamers, especially chicken margarhita. The way they package them allows for actual texture to remain in the food.

Since I'm on bed rest after a surgical procedure these have been my go to food. Lean Cuisine, WW, Michelina's Light Gourmet is typically a buck. You'll want to add veggies but the light Salisbury steak and potatoes is 160 cals.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lisa2117 wrote: »
    I know how to cook but it's harder to count the calories so I was looking for a way to have be exact calories and try that for a while and see if it helps me more with losing weight. Plus I like that they have low calories so if I have one for lunch and I make a bigger dinner the calories even out.

I think its all about preparation
    I buy beef, lamb, salmon, skinless chicken thighs and cod
    (Sometimes breaded)
    i then weigh out 1 kg of which ever meat I'm cooking and once its grilled (I use spray oil) I divide into 5 and freeze. usually eat it with 100 grams of potatoes, sweet potatoes or yam .and 100 grams of broccoli or mixed veg and a little butter (I have tried weighting out yam and freezing till I want to cook but haven't tried sweet potatoes yet.)... I just make sure I don't over cook it first time round and when I want to eat it I defrost it for about 4 minutes and then put it back under grill for a few minutes
    sometime I use it for a stir-fry using the same recipe every single time and pack each serving individually in a freezer bag .. i just make sure i weight the each ingrideint before and once its done cooking i weight the whole dish and weight it into 5 portions and freeze. you can never get the same amount of meat in the same bag but at the end of the day it all levels out .. usually goes with rice or pasta

i even cook 3 servings worth of rice or pasta, ,making sure i weight before cooking .. once its cooked i weigh again and i know each time i want to eat a portion of rice i just weight out what i want

i have done 3 weeks worth of cooking in a week end once and since i have saved all the recipes i know exactly what calories I'm eating when i pull a bag out of the freezer only thing i don't cooking bulk is beef because it doesn't taste the same when you defrost it

• geministyle67
    geministyle67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas! I've written these down and will look for them next time I hit up the store.
  • Rapril2000
    Rapril2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree on the cafe steamers. The chicken margarita and the ravioli are GREAT. I also alternate between brands depending whats on sale, but not a huge fan of the Smart Ones.
  • PurpleOrchid531
    PurpleOrchid531 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat Lean Cuisines and Weight Watchers Smart Ones occasionally. Lean Cuisine has a couple of breakfast ones that I like but they're hard to find. I also try to find ones higher in protein and sometimes I add a small side salad to fill me up.

I never tried Nutrisystem but I tried Jenny Craig and it was horrible. I discovered most of their protein is soy, which really bothers me.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of the LC Butternut Squash Ravioli, french bread pizza, and the tamale with rice lately. Amy's meals, while a little bit pricier, are also really good. I just had the Swedish meatless meatballs the other day and it was delicious!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of the LC Butternut Squash Ravioli, french bread pizza, and the tamale with rice lately. Amy's meals, while a little bit pricier, are also really good. I just had the Swedish meatless meatballs the other day and it was delicious!

Oh, you just reminded me of Amy's Palek Paneer frozen dinner. Mmmmmmm.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    real food, not processed has worked best for me....ww no help...lean cuisine= way too much sodium..jenny never tried. just portion and prepare meals ahead of time. scale and measuring devices. love whole unprocessed food and so does my body, in the end, it is what works for you. comments are jmo. jen