31 needing to lose 70lbs

Options
jenniwroe
jenniwroe Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm 31 yr old weighing 222lbs currently and looking to drop down to 150lbs. I am 5'3" and so so so out of shape. Currently only adjusting my diet. I started at 230lbs and am now down to 222lbs :-) I'm hoping soon to be able to integrate some exercises, but walking is the only thing I've been able to fit in at the moment. Any suggestions of things I can do at home for a beginner would be so helpful.

Replies

• linaahearn
    linaahearn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fighter diet . Look it up
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos, she's queen of at home walking.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Couch 25k is awesome
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Starting slow and being consistent is a great beginning. I'm down 81 with just watching calories and walking. I add in the occasional bike ride or hike and i'm not worried about going all hard core. Slow and steady!! You are off to a great start.
  • mrslmdm
    mrslmdm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You really need to add light weights to your exercise
  • sylvie782
    sylvie782 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Water. Quit all other drinks. Water is the key.
  • bmahrenholz216
    bmahrenholz216 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look into a Mediterranean diet. High in fish, fruits, vegetables, and seeds and nuts. Also cooking with extra virgin olive oil. Getting the healthy fats are key. It's been shown to reduce systemic inflammation which can allow your fat cells to better break down fat. Walking is great but if you want to boost your metabolic rate, adding in some resistance training will definitely help that.
  • Viggyfuss
    Viggyfuss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over myself and I agree with Mediterranean diet and all water. that's where I'm focusing. also just joined a gym and hope to focus not on "dieting" but on new lifestyle changes for long term success