30 Day Shred with a HRM???

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
when I first started doing the 30 Day Shred someone suggested to log it as "general circuit training". I'm just wondering if anyone has checked their calories burned doing the 30 Day Shred wearing a HRM?

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It is about the same, the closest you will get. I compared mine so I could tell my bf how to log it on his and it wasn't very far off.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet but I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new HRM and plan on using for 30DS and Zumba!!!!!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a close measurement to what you get with an HRM. I found it was usually only off by about 5-10 calories.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    my reason for asking is because when I log it as circuit training it says I am burning around 200 calories. The HRM I just bought said I burned 28 calories the first day and 33 calories the second day??????
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I burn between 205-265 doing the shred with my HRM.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's pretty accurate.
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    What kind of HRM did you get?That can not be right for as hard as you work out. This was to ladylu11.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I started I burned around 200--I am now on my last two days and am more fit so I burn around 100-150. I'm 62 and am not going to do all the extreme plyo moves so change some of the cardio--but since i have a HRM I just do a cardio move that gets my HR up. This works better for me than doing the easy options for plank sqats and plank jacks that the DVD shows because the easy options just don't get my HR up.
    Because of the drop in cal burned as I get more fit I think a HRM is a great tool.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    my reason for asking is because when I log it as circuit training it says I am burning around 200 calories. The HRM I just bought said I burned 28 calories the first day and 33 calories the second day??????

Check your settings on your HRM. I just bought a new one last night, tried it out this morning for Day 7, I burned 224. Depending on your weight, someone who weighs more will burn more and less will burn less. Depending on the weights you use too and intensity. So it will vary.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yea, sounds like your HRM is funky, I burn 250-300
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

If your HRM does not have a chest strap it is most likely only counting the calories for the period of time you are pushing the button, not the whole workout. you would be burning around the 20-30 calories at rest if you didn't do the shred, in that same period of time
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, I average about 200 calories burned on level 1 so far. I just checked out what MFP says on circut training here and it shows I would burn 344 calories. Big difference! :noway: