Salmon

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
Ok, so I'm making Salmon for dinner tonight and I was wondering if you guys could please share some of your favorite ways to prepare it & some related side dishes.

Thanks!

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm making Salmon for dinner tonight and I was wondering if you guys could please share some of your favorite ways to prepare it & some related side dishes.

Thanks!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Poached in a little white wine with lemon. Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower and brown rice made with chicken stock. It makes a nice little meal. Bon Appetit.
  • mannworley
    mannworley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite is this:

Take a little olive oil, a garlic clove and some basil leaves. Place in a microwaveable container (I use a small coffee cup). Heat in the microwave for maybe 10 seconds - just til the oil is very warm. Let sit at room temp an hour or so (if sitting longer, put in the fridge).
    When you're ready to prepare, heat oven to pretty hot - 425 or so. Drizzle a little (maybe 1T or less) of the olive oil over the salmon and spread thinly. (You can also do this a little ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge- the flavors have more time to meld this way) Grind sea salt and fresh pepper over entire surface. Place fillet on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Bake until just starting to crust and cooked to desired doneness (some people like their salmon more on the raw side in the middle).

Another variation would put a sprinkle of fresh parmesan-regianno or asiago over the fish the last few minutes.

My favorite sides are roasted beets and asparagus or baked sweet potatoes and some sauteed fresh spinach. So delicious and so healthy!

Bon appetit!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    The best way to prepare salmon, IMO, is on the grill... hands down. Depending on the size of the salmon steak you want to grill it on all sides for at least 2 minutes... salmon doesn't take very long to cook on the grill if it's preheated (too hot to hold your hand 4 inches away from the grill). Season it with lemon juice & pepper or italian seasoning. I agree with the steamed brocolli but my fav pairing with any fish is deffinately brown rice and steamed asparagus.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Soak the salmon in soy sauce for 5 minutes, then brush with honey, a couple squirts of lemon juice.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins.

I serve with asparagus and wild rice, but I think any veggie would work. maybe roasted red potatoes...
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    salmon ala gordon ramsay
    cut it into chunks
    sprinkle with tumeric
    grill your samon
    saute some cherry tomatoes and onions
    toss with the salmon.

or
    remove the tomatoes
    you can make it with rice. boil the rice slightly but not until it's done add the rice to the pan with the onions and add fish or veggie stock to the rice and keep stirring until its cooked through. add the tomatoes and the samon and mix.

it is super yummy either way
    try not to touch the fish in the pan while it's cooking. if you flip it too much it will toughen. i dont know why but it does. cook on one side until it's done 2/3 of the way up then flip. happy eating :drinker:
  • jjackson
    Options
    Shake a little Wochester sauce on the salmon; add pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder. Squeeze lemon juice on it, and stick it in the oven on broil for 5-10 mins each side. YuM!

35473.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Options
    Take your salmon and spray butter pam on both sides and sprinkle lightly on both sides lemon pepper serve with rice pilaf, with asparegus and a small side salad. Total cals should be around 500
    Options
    forgot to add that you would bake the salmon in the oven at 425 degrees until flacky about 15-20 minutes
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    Yum! I love salmon. I eat it whenever I can. I bake it with a thin layer of low-fat mayo on top. Sprinkle a little salt, white pepper, garlic, and tarragon on top of the mayo. On top of that, sprinkle some crushed walnuts or pine nuts.

Or, my alltime favorite is the little bit of mayo on top and then quite a bit of dry dill on top. I like that just as well.

Side dishes - baked or pan-sauteed asparagus and some kind of cous cous.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have salmon is sashimi style!! Big sushi fan over here!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I always keep salmon simple with lemon juice.
    As for sides, I love candied carrots and garlic mashed potatoes.
    MMMMMMMM