Lowering daily calorie limit.

Options
I've now lost 22 lbs (yay me!) and have noticed the weight loss slowing. I'd like to adjust my total daily calorie goal so I'm looking for advice on how much. A percent of the current amount, maybe? My current goal is 1670 calories.
TIA

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Are you updating your weight/calorie goals with MFP? If so it should be lowering your calories for you.

*ETA* Congrats on losing 22lbs!!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Go to your goals section
    Change your activity level or rate if loss per week
    Then change it back
    This should force it to recalculate your calories based on your current weight

• farzanafaruk2014
    farzanafaruk2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I am new here ... So if i exercise my calories Intake will be more again? Kinda confuse ... Say my daily goal is 1300...then I burned calories from exercise about 400. Now do I add that to 1300+400? If so then I need to eat 1300 calories plus 400 more ? Sorry I might be making it more complicated... Let me know if any tips .
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,445 Member
    Options
    In theory yes @farzanafaruk2014 But how do you measure your exercise calories? Exercise calorie counters are notoriously too high, and the data base entries here are the same. If I would use the data base entries and eat back all additional calories it gives me I would gain weight.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in the ~0.5-2 lbs/week range of weight loss, I would ride it out. It's a good thing to keep your calories as high as you can for as long as you can, since it gives you more room for adjustments and will set you up for better long-term success.

Congrats though! You're doing awesome!
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well tbh I've been eating less than my calorie limit most days and I'm quite sure that if I didn't then I wouldn't be losing any weight. I'll adjust it a bit and see how things go.
    Thanks for the congratulations. :)