Working the graveyard...

Options
sarajean2391
sarajean2391 Posts: 11 Member
I work 9pm to 5pm. Mostly mon-fri but I don't know how I should log my exercise and meals. Anyone have some insight for me that has been through this or set up a good routine. Also, i usually workout in the mornings after my shift. And eat dinner when I wake up in the evening with my family.

Replies

• sarajean2391
    sarajean2391 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh no, that was a typo I ment to type 9pm to 5am.
  • cmm_char
    cmm_char Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I also work the grave yard. I have to take 30 min unpaid break at 6.am so I go for a very very brisk walk of approx 20 mins I do 1.2 mile. I have a homemade fresh fruit juice with flax seed and sunflower all ground up as breakfast at 5am at work and when I get home I have a sandwich which I class as lunch at 09.30 then I sleep and wake and have dinner at approx 7pm. Which seems to work for me. I feel more hungry over night but probably due to boredom so I drink water.
    I try to do little and often on my marathon night shift that is 14 hours. I will have half of what I usually have for dinner at 5pm then on my evening break at 11.30 on I have tge other half of dinner. Then at 5 am home made juice with fresh fruit and seeds then 1 toast with Marmite at 9.30 when I get home then sleep. But this is documented as 2 different days on this app. But when at work I have to spread my meals out or I will get hungry and snack on bad foods. Hope this helps
  • caileag26
    caileag26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I log wake time to sleep time. Today went from 10a wednesday and will end at 8a thursday. It's my long day so I usually eat a lot of veg and protein. Friday will be my short day because I will transition back to days. On friday I will log from when I get up at 1p until bed at around 11p. On my short days I can have dessert, take out, or basically whatever. It works for me because it's easier to stay on plan at work because I only have access to what I pack and I can splurge without guilt once a week. I find drinking a lot of hot tea helps too.
  • rthomps0n
    rthomps0n Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I work 7pm to 7am and around 11pm when I eat I log it as dinner, then when I get off and eat I'll log that meal as breakfast and then around 11 before I sleep I'll have a small lunch. So my entries are mixed up and I go by the clock so the dinner is logged on the day before. Seems so confusing but it's worked so far. Wish there was an easier way tho
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it makes much of a difference what you call your meals. Log in your caloric intake, call it what you want, after the second day, you will have a 24 hour cycle recorded that will repeat each work day and be different on your "weekends". If you are consistent, and log everything, it just doesn't matter.