SKIN SUCCESS stories- for WOMEN OVER 55 ONLY, please!

Options
13»

Replies

• NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    dsmith1358 wrote: »
    I sooo need this group. I am post menopause 10 years and need your inspiration to prove to me that weight loss after menopause is possible. Thank you!!

I'm 61 and I've lost 29.8 lbs since January 1st. Quite honestly, it's been the EASIEST thing I've ever done. I could kick myself for not having done this decades ago, but better late than never, right? It really is quite simple- calories in/calories out. That said- if you're one of the "clean eating fanatics" (like I am), you can eat low calorie while still getting a **LOT** of food. I have honestly never had a hunger pang and eat *constantly* all day long and ofter til 3 am (I'm a night owl). You can definitely do it!!
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bonsmom wrote: »
    I am 54, on HRT. I have lost 35 lbs. not a huge amount of loose skin. Belly and thighs not as firm as they could be, but overall I'm pleased. Do body pump (weight lifting) at least 3x week along with cardio. Lost the weight slowly over 7-8 months,2e47tw634zf9.jpg

Bonsmom: You look fantastic! I'm 54 and have gained over the last 3 years. I need to lose about 20 to 25 pounds to get back to where I'm comfortable. Do you mind sharing your typical day of eating and calories you kept to while you were losing and your height/weight for reference?
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lainey 4818
    Thanks so much for the compliment! I am 5'8" and I started at 169lb and I stay at 135lb pretty consistently. I ate 1200-1400 calories a day. I'll be honest with you, I'm not a "clean" eater, I don't love vegetables, I do love sweets and junk food. So, breakfast is Jimmy Dean Delight Breakfast sandwich, 250 calories and lots of protein. Buy them by the case at Costco. If I am not working out or traveling will have a Zone bar or Nature Vally Sweet and Salty protein bar. Lunch is yo plait Greek yogurt with Kashi go lean crunch cereal. (I do measure the cereal). I often have egg salad made with 6 egg whites, one yolk and light mayo and mustard. I do measure the mayo, I always have light string cheese because it has lots of protein. I also use Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers frozen dinners because they make counting calories so easy, I do make salads a lot with chicken breast, cheese, cucumbers, peppers, carrots. I go to panera and have different salads and then go home and recreate them. I use Bolthouse yogurt dressings, they are the best! I do soup a lot during fall and winter. For sweets I do the skinny cow products, they are all good. I have to keep some foods like peanut butter out of the house, too tempting. I work out a lot doing cardio and weight training. The weight training keeps the loose skin away. Sorry to be so long but I wasn't sure how much detail you wanted. Hope this helps. MFP is so great. Calories add up quick is what I learned. Sure, I was working out but I was eating 2000 calories or more and eating back all my workout calories without thinking about it. But wearing that bikini made it all worth it!
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bonsmom: thanks so much! We are quite similar! I'm a little shorter, a little over 5'6". I'm at 168 and want to be back at 140-145. Yep, I buy the Jimmy Dean Delights and skinny cows too! I'll have to try to the Bolthouse dressings, I've been making my own oil/vinegar dressings lately. Just getting back into some strength training, so hoping that helps. Just curious, what calories are you at to maintain 135?

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • annna777
    annna777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in my early fifties, lost 43 pounds exercising faithfully (6 times a week of 1 hour spin classes and after 9 months into the first year started weight lifting 3 times a week, in addition to eating clean and measuring all food intake). Weight came of within a year. At about 30 pounds weight loss I got scared of my arm wings which is why I incorporated weight lifting. My arms still have some wing flab but not nearly as bad as they were before weight lifting. I have maintained 43 pound weight loss by working out 4 to 5 times a week which includes 1 hour of cardio and weight training 2 to 3 times a week along with clean eating and meal preparation for 2 years now. My stomach still has some loose skin or flab. I don't let it bother me because I am not into wearing clothing that shows my tummy and back such as halter type clothing. I am pretty happy with my outcome of hard work and dedication. To my surprise weight melted off and I love working out. I am focusing on abdominal workouts to tone because I really never focused on my stomach. Have always disliked stomach crunches and floor exercises which is why I have focused on activities I enjoy.

I wish you well. Weight lifting definitely helps and gives us more body definition. Burns calories even after working out. Makes you stronger. Many great benefits, worth trying.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Freechewy is closed. I opened a new account called Snerggly. I want to thank the person who suggested the RHYTHM+ heart rate monitor, my doctor likes it too. I used it today and regarding exercise and calories, and BP, it seems to be working really well.

If you are looking for support, please add me. I exposed my diary where is the old account I did not. Anyhow, thank you all again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!