Seriously need to lose weight need support

Options
Hey y'all I'm in serious need of losing weight before my health gets any worse and will need all the motivation and support I can get I'm hoping to have 75 pounds gone by next summer and I know I can do it just need to change the way I eat and what I drink and making sure I log everything and not cheating. I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed 224.6 I want to get down to 150 I know it can be done just need support and my mind to stay focused. Please feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It can be done. Maybe just start with one of those things you listed. Like just start by logging your food at first to get a sense of what you are doing. Also recommend counseling to see why you haven't been able to do those things you want. There are reasons, and knowing them is a good place to start. All the best and one day at a time! Janine
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You definitely have the right attitude! Feel free to add me :)
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    look into low carb eating. started in january and am down 55 pounds. shooting for at least another 50 by christmas
  • MedicJohnson88
    MedicJohnson88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me im looking to lose about 80 to 100 and doing it the healthy way :smile:
  • niciabrighteyes
    niciabrighteyes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Here for support too
  • anaisfitjourney
    anaisfitjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking to lose 60 pounds.. I'm here for support too!
  • KJGI
    KJGI Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you'd like. I'm at the same spot you are and looking to lose the same. I hit the 200 mark when I was pregnant I felt like the wind got knocked out of me when I heard that number, just utter shock, I can't believe that kind of weight "crept" on, I was embarrassed and so mad at myself. I knew I had gotten fat, but not 200. By the end of my pregnancy it was 226, and that was 1.5 years ago and since then I've only lost like 5 lbs, so now it's time to get it off. I was always a little overweight when I wasn't dieting, and Iv'e been off and on dieting pretty much my whole life. Back in high school & college I did the coffee and cigarettes diet, then in my 20s I found an awesome weight loss pill that helped me stay on track and I lost like 45lbs on it, but when I would stop taking it I'd gain it back plus more. I planned to rely on that to help me lose the baby weight but it was taken off the market : ((. Now I'm in my 30s and trying to do it the right way, tracking stuff on fitpal, and trying to squeeze in time to work out when I indulge, just hard having a 1.5 year old and working a demanding job on top of a long commute. I love working out, I think my key was I always had someone to work out with when I was younger, had friends to go job trails or the boardwalk with. I have to find something that will work my weight is affecting my breathing and my knees and feet and I'm too young to give in, and I do not want my baby embarrassed having a fat mom. We can do it!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i'm at a similar weight with a similar goal. support is crucial <3 anyone can add me too :D
  • jaxamoto
    jaxamoto Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey!
  • jmizerekk
    jmizerekk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. It seems we have very similar goals and are both looking for support! I'm at 230 trying to get back down to 180. I achieved this about two years ago but here I am again. Let's do this together for good
  • badgerfan64
    badgerfan64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have put it off way too long. I would love to lose 60 pounds and need all the support I can get.
  • asbah1
    asbah1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me! I lost 50 lbs for my sisters wedding and have been fighting a losing battle of maintaining/ losing weight since then. Would love to have any and all positive motivation! Good luck on your fitness journey! You can do it!
  • aubreymcpherson09
    aubreymcpherson09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I could use motivation. I'm 270 lbs. I'm trying to set incremental goals so I don't get overwhelmed. My first goal is to lose 30 lbs. I would love to be under 200 though. I've noticed my weight makes daily tasks more difficult.
  • piratebabe85
    piratebabe85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I do good for a week or two then I fall off the wagon. I'm here looking for support as well.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Feel free to add me.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    All achievement starts with the mindset to do it. Do not focus on the total number of pounds at this point and do not put a time limit on it. Look at 5 pounds at a time, small steps that can get you there. Make changes that can be sustainable . To give an example, 4 years ago I started drinking my coffee black, I do not miss the cream and sugar, so for me, a sustainable change. Over time these small changes add up and it doesn't seem like such a mountain to climb. Good luck.
  • sjvoyles9267
    sjvoyles9267 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm feel the same way! I keep reading through posts for motivation and support. Just started this journey again....let's just do this!
  • briancorcoran84
    briancorcoran84 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking to drop about 100 lbs my self. I have lost a little over 5 lbs since I started. I'm already feeling so much better and have a better outlook on things!