Vegetable recipes?

Options
abrown95
abrown95 Posts: 2 Member
I want to branch out on my vegetables, anyone have any recipes I should try? Let me know I'm open to anything!

Replies

• cdarned
    cdarned Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Organic carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, cauliflower, onions, sauteed with fresh garlic and olive oil.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I spent the day thinking of collared greens and it turns out they are fabulously nutritious. Cheap, too. Tasty, as well. Check for recipes on pinterest, epicurious, and a bunch of other sites.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Generally, techniques are more helpful than recipes. One technique often neglected at home is blanching. Usually you blanch first, then saute or maybe bake. You can also keep blanched vegetables in the refrigerator for two or three days, or even freeze them. Here are two helpful videos on the topic.
    Preparing and Blanching Vegetables
    Thomas Keller on Blanching Green Beans
    Call me lazy but I don't bother with the ice in shocking. Just rinse with cold tap water.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables are suggested a lot but they are worth another mention! About any vegetable can be tossed with olive oil and choice for seasonings and roasted. Some of the vegetables I have tried are carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, potato and sweet potato. Can Google the exact time and oven temp for whatever vegetable you choose.

This edamame salad is a different twist on vegetable salads and is really quite good! Not sure on the calorie count, but don't think it would be too bad. I saw similar recipes that also added canned black beans, which I think would be really good and add more protein.