Getting married in 6 months with 23kg to lose

Options
It's coming up very quick! I do Lite n Easy (Australia) and finally getting my *kitten* in to gear to use MFP again to properly count what goes into my body haha. I want to look back at my wedding photos and be proud!

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and congratulations.
  • alessandra_matthews
    alessandra_matthews Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married April 22 2017 I'm looking for friends on here to keep accountable to!
  • robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck losing I am aiming for 100lbs fell free to add me. Dont just think of the wedding think of your future life MFP is for life :)
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    that is almost 1kg a week.... are you prepared to put in that much hard work for 6 months straight?
    It is going to be long and grueling...

we are here to help you if you want to... :smiley:
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement! Maybe aiming a bit high, but I hope you pull it off! I have a six month deadline as well! Started (yet again) om May 8th, to finish January 8th, my fourtieth birthday. I want to go from chubby to skinny by then. Adding Pilates for the skinny look, and that is going surprisingly well. I do a YouTube video each morning, 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how early I manage to drag myself out of bed. On my birthday, I plan on going way over my calorie limits, and then ease into maintenance. I hope I will be able to wear a bikini by the Summer of '17. The first one ever!
    Just try to avoid the wellknown pitfalls this time around: social events and alcohol for me...
  • Journeytojeans
    Journeytojeans Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that is almost 1kg a week.... are you prepared to put in that much hard work for 6 months straight?
    It is going to be long and grueling...

we are here to help you if you want to... :smiley:

I am very much prepared for hard work! I know it can be done I just need to get my Macros under control =]
  • Journeytojeans
    Options
    ElkeKNJ wrote: »
    Congratulations on the engagement! Maybe aiming a bit high, but I hope you pull it off! I have a six month deadline as well! Started (yet again) om May 8th, to finish January 8th, my fourtieth birthday. I want to go from chubby to skinny by then. Adding Pilates for the skinny look, and that is going surprisingly well. I do a YouTube video each morning, 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how early I manage to drag myself out of bed. On my birthday, I plan on going way over my calorie limits, and then ease into maintenance. I hope I will be able to wear a bikini by the Summer of '17. The first one ever!
    Just try to avoid the wellknown pitfalls this time around: social events and alcohol for me...

Yea well that's what I get for leaving it late haha. Even though my profile says I've lost 5kg I've lost 12kg since January and that's not taking it too seriously as I am now haha. Wow well that's certainly something to celebrate. I did one YouTube video like last year haha I was me at to keep it up... But didn't haha. Well I am definitely looking past just the wedding to give my fertility the best chance so that's definitely motivation for me as well. It's not about hoping you can achieve your goal I'm over hoping I'm just ready to get there and love it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    It's coming up very quick! I do Lite n Easy (Australia) and finally getting my *kitten* in to gear to use MFP again to properly count what goes into my body haha. I want to look back at my wedding photos and be proud!

It's completely doable. I started on Weight Watchers at the end of January of this year and have already lost 25 lbs. I'm close to my goal weight now so it's coming off slower but I have about 10-15 more to lose.

Good luck to you! And congrats on the wedding.
  • Journeytojeans
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape for my future TBD wedding. We haven't set a date yet, we both want to be healthy and in good shape for the wedding and the honeymoon.
    We have been engaged for a while but I have had plenty of time to plan the wedding so I can avoid stressing (I live in Australia but getting married in New Zealand) once you choose your date I find it helps motivating as you have a D-Day haha
  • caitiejayne
    caitiejayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, am also getting married in February next year and would like to lose 5-10kg, I think I have the exercise down I just am terrible at keeping to the healthy eating eating. Did you want to team up to support each other???