Oakley messed up my morning

Options
Psialpha297
Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
Has anyone else had a problem with ordering sunglasses frpm Oakley? I placed an order on June 17th, and i got an email this morning saying that the product i ordered is backlogged and my order is on hold. I understand the who backlog thing cannot be helped some time, but its been 11 days, seven business days, and im just getting that email now. We are talking $160.00 glasses. Am I justified in being upset? Anyone else with similar problems? :grumble: regardless, Happy Tuesday!:drinker:

Replies

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What has this got to do with MFP? Am I missing something or does wearing sunglasses help drop the pounds. 11 days does not seem unreasonable to me but $160 for sunglasses does.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I ordered Oakley's for my husbands a few years ago and never had probs. I know when you order something expensive like that you'd like them in a timely manner! Life happens, you'll work around it :)
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for spending way too much on sunglasses. :glasses: :tongue:
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I can see where it'd be a problem if he was using them to workout outside. I have a pair of the Jawbone I wear for running (that's what they're made for).

I always go into a store to buy my glasses, unless I order the military versions from their other site. I did order a poster once and after 6 months they told me it was discontinued. Horrible customer service.
  • Psialpha297
    Options
    What has this got to do with MFP? Am I missing something or does wearing sunglasses help drop the pounds. 11 days does not seem unreasonable to me but $160 for sunglasses does.

Kinda why i put this under chit-chat, fun and games. Thanks so much for your help :mad:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

Is there really any point to that? That's why he posted in Chit-Chat.

My wife will pretty much only wear Oakley, but we've only ever bought them in a store. It really sucks dropping $160 glasses to the bottom of a lake.
  • sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Kinda why i put this under chit-chat, fun and games. Thanks so much for your help :mad:

I don't understand why people even bother replying sometimes... ha

I have not recently ordered any sunglasses, but haven't had any issues like that in the past!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

I don't understand why people even bother replying sometimes... ha

I have not recently ordered any sunglasses, but haven't had any issues like that in the past!

haha Thats why we call them trolls, they are just pointlessly rude and grumpy
    The sunglasses will be worth the wait or you could cancel your order and try to get them someplace else, in a store maybe
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds kind of silly, but have you considered calling or writing to the company? A lot of times the people at the top have no idea what's going on at the ground level. I wrote to a jewelry company once regarding a ring I was having issues with and they sent me a gift certificate, plus replaced the ring. It's worth a shot! (And even if you don't get anything out of it, it's still a good way to blow off some steam and let them know how irritated you are!) Good Luck!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with ordering sunglasses frpm Oakley? I placed an order on June 17th, and i got an email this morning saying that the product i ordered is backlogged and my order is on hold. I understand the who backlog thing cannot be helped some time, but its been 11 days, seven business days, and im just getting that email now. We are talking $160.00 glasses. Am I justified in being upset? Anyone else with similar problems? :grumble: regardless, Happy Tuesday!:drinker:

Good Morning! I would be upset....160.00 for glasses!!! At the very least if I was paying that much I would have expected an email a little sooner than 11 days! Hell...I would have expected them to be to you by now. I would call customer service and ask to speak to a manager. At the very least they can send you another pair or express ship them to you once they get them in.
    And for the record, my mom bought me a pair of Oakley's about 8 years ago and they are still in great shape. If you are responsible enough to not lose them, spending 160.00 for sunglasses that have lasted 8 years is a bargain to me.
  • Psialpha297
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who had somthing constructive or humorous to say. I did in fact email them back informing them that i will wait for the glasses. I also said if they cannot do something like expidite the shipping or give me a discount on the order or a future purchase... ect that i would not be ordering from them again.

~Cheers
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    <
    Get yourself some goggles. They work wonderfully :laugh:

:glasses:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

You're missing something. "Chit-chat, fun and games" is just the forum for this kind of stuff.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

You're missing something. "Chit-chat, fun and games" is just the forum for this kind of stuff.

Your the best :laugh:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My apologies....I am rather new and just checked out the message board. I was unaware there were topic discussions. I had simply been clicking on the topic roll tape at right hand side of the home page.

Shirley
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My hubs SWEARS by Oakley. Call them and tell them how unhappy you are. I cannot begin to count how many discounts and freebies he has gotten by calling them. He has also been a long time customer of Oakley exclusively (over 10 years) and loves the quality. Every issue he has had, they have resolved quickly.

Good luck!
  • jasonbarry
    Options
    I ordered a pair of fuel cells and a hard-case form them. I received my glasses in a timely manner, but I am still waiting for the Case. It has been 4 weeks, and they say the item is back ordered. So there you go.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    can you cancel the order? and go to a sunglass hut or something? of course then im sure you have to contend with them refunding your money which could take days. ugh! a little notice would have been helpful.

Good luck!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    can you cancel the order? and go to a sunglass hut or something? of course then im sure you have to contend with them refunding your money which could take days. ugh! a little notice would have been helpful.

Good luck!

Good suggestion. I don't understand why they waited 11 days to tell you the glasses were backordered. Geeze...Maybe they figured they kept you so long, maybe you wouldn't bother going somewhere else for business. :grumble:

I am in a similar dilemma right now, in that I have been waiting for nearly 2 weeks for a package I ordered to arrive lol...No tracking number, but I might have to pay customs.