Starting all over again!

Options
Hey everyone, looking for friends for support and motivation! I lost about 40lbs about 18 months ago but due to some personal life events I fell off the wagon and pretty much gained almost all of it back. Having trouble getting back into that routine, clean eating etc etc... so any help with motivation, support and discussing healthy tips would be great!

Thanks
Mike

Replies

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Same here, and I although I started an exercise class twice a week back in January I just couldn't quite make the other adjustments needed to lose weight and just continued gaining. It wasn't until I replaced the battery in the scales and actually saw the damage in black and white that I realised I needed to get back on track. So now I'm back using MFP to eat smaller portions of better food and make sure I fit some exercise into my day every day, no excuses. It has only been a week, but so far so good. It's so hard to do, but you've done it once so you can again, just remember to take small steps at a time.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Life happened, and it will happen again. It can be a lot easier to eat well no matter the circumstances, if you cut out the strict and arbitrary rules and just stick to a varied diet in a sustained calorie deficit and eating whatever food you like.
  • type2sweety
    type2sweety Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down all year. Life does happen, and I eat my feelings