Ladies with PCOS who are committed to losing weight

Options
Galaxy_Bunny
Galaxy_Bunny Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
I'm looking for a few friends who also suffer from PCOS to have my back (and I'll have yours!) while trying to lose weight. Looking for women who are active on MFP, who comment and check diaries, and are all around supportive so we can help each other during this time. Send me a friend request if this is you!

Replies

• huckster1
    huckster1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a fellow pcos suffer I've just started on this app again and also need a motivational buddy. I'm willing to help share and support.x
  • ilig98
    ilig98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet ya'll. I also have PCOS. I am very determined to get my life back, I have already lost 19 lbs.I was very motivated by another woman who through hard work and tears did it! All I ever found was people who could not lose weight and I know the struggle, after seeing this I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't have friends that I talk to anymore and no one that understands how hard it is. So please send me request if you need someone I'm here!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have PCOS. I'm on 1000 mg of Metformin, started February 17. I've lost 20 pounds so far (about 38 to go). I'm not actually logging my food. I'm just eating whole-grain carbs instead of white carbs and have completely cut out sugar (except what naturally occurs in fruits, veggies, and milk). I eat carbs throughout the day but limit myself to one carb at each meal. I read "The PCOS Diet" by Hillary Wright, and it's been a godsend for me. It freed me from the whole "low-carb" nightmare. My exercise consists of BodyPump class 3 times a week, and I have now taken up running (very slowly so I don't hurt myself! LOL).
  • leighann103107
    leighann103107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and am currently trying to change my lifestyle! Please add me as well so we can all get through this together.
  • acamp88
    acamp88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    also have been diagnosed with PCOS recently.
  • MedicJohnson88
    MedicJohnson88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I also have PCOS they tell me my chances of having children are slim to none. im looking to lose 80 to 100 lbs its a struggle and having some lovely ladies i can turn to will really help. everyone please feel free to add me :smile:
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. The struggle is real...but it's not impossible. It just takes more work and dedication for us. I'm down 10 pounds and have another 50 to go.
  • jsimone20
    jsimone20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have PCOS as well. I'm currently working out 4-6 days a week. I eat as healthy as I can. I'm trying to plan my meals for the next day because it really help. I've just gotten into a bit of a rut lately. I feel like I'm doing this alone (because I am) and I don't think that helps. I would love to have someone to hold me accountable and to talk to in general. I'm 12.5lbs down with 80lbs to go.
  • katebellor
    katebellor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 3 years ago. I am currently on 1000 mg of metformin each day. Weight loss is something that hasn't come easy for me, no matter how often I try. My husband and I are currently trying to get pregnant, which has only resulted in a year of disappointment. I started back on MFP about a month ago, and have lost about 5-8lbs, and am looking for support, tips, suggestions. Just about anything that could lead to a healthier lifestyle.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    While not pcos, I have Hashimotos and celiac, both autoimmune diseases that make weight loss a pita. Also now being tested for MS. Still committed to losing weight. Please add, anyone :)
  • scherrera01
    scherrera01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I also suffer from pcos and am currently having problems with my period. Since I'm trying to have a baby, my dr wants me to do a lifestyle change of low carbs and high protein meal plan. It's so hard to explain how difficult trying to lose weight and curb craving to friends and family who doesn't have pcos. It's awesome to see a group on here that I can get support from.
  • XxDeadlyDesirexX
    XxDeadlyDesirexX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey...I was diagnosed with Pcos at the age of 13...i love supporting others...recently i lost a total of 16lbs and this has been a long journey but im not quitting and i will continue until i reach my goals...feel free to add me as a friend