HUNGRY!!

Options
I just feel hungry all the time. Although I am eating small portions and snacking I just feel hungry all the time.

Replies

• DarkerNavigator2233
    DarkerNavigator2233 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eat more good protien, you will feel full longer. Also drink tons of water.
  • batmanatgrind
    batmanatgrind Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My diet is mostly protein. The hunger started the moment I started cutting out my carbs and portion controlling. I eat protein and complex carbs so simple carbs anymore. I drink quite a bit of water and I drink about 2 to 3 pots of green tea every day. I just don't know what to do anymore.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It's normal to feel hungry in a deficit of calories. But, are you eating as wisely as possible? Eating foods that help maintain blood sugar levels and energy levels will help you feel more satisfied. Eating satiating foods, basically anything that contains some healthy fat, a good amount of fiber and/or a lot of protein, will help keep cravings at bay. Allow yourself a treat now and then, its not about cutting things out you enjoy. Ultimately its consistency over a period of time that bring the results you want. Plus, there is a psychological element to it all, so its just a case of getting over it.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It can be tough sometimes and sometimes tougher. Just do your best and keep trying. Celebrate within your heart and mind the days that you do well. Don't beat yourself up on the bad days.
  • Dominique14614
    Dominique14614 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you eating? If you are already cutting carbs and eating adequate protein, you may need to eat more fat. High fat, high protein foods decrease hunger. Definitely play around with your macros until you find what is best for you.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but make sure you are eating satiating meals -- a balance of fat/protein/carbs. I find that high-fiber keeps me satiated. Some people do better at fewer, larger meals and no snacking.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    More fat?
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is completely different. For me, personally, the whole "eat small meals and snack" thing absolutely does not work. I feel hungry constantly, and then i fall into a trap of overeating. I personally prefer to drink coffee for breakfast (eating in the morning triggers my migraines, no clue why), a relatively large protein stacked lunch (today was 373 cal/ 11g carb/ 15g fat/ 43g protein), a protein filled snack around 4pm (usually 200-300 cal) (chicken breast, surimi, protein shake), I go the gym between 5-8, and I eat a 400-500 cal dinner at 8-9pm.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    More fat?
    Good fats like from alvacado, nuts etc.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How much fiber are you getting? If your diet is mostly protein, you may not be getting enough fat and fiber, things that sometimes help people feel fuller.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    are you hungry or is it appetite? One can be controlled the other means you need to eat more...or differently.

How many calories are you taking in?

if I give up starches ie breads, rice etc I am not hungry but I don't feel satisfied at all...empty even.

• Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back any of your exercise calories? If not, you might want to eat about half back.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    Its 90% Mental!
    You're not hungry. You have to train your mind to act differently. Until you can do that it is difficult to stay and maintain.
    This is the best thing I've read today! It is all a matter of having a paradigm shift and not looking back. I was telling someone that my stomach actually growls. Before I started being diligent with my eating, my stomach never growled because I ate all day carelessly. Now, I eat 3 hearty meals based on protein spaced 4/5 hours apart. And occasionally have a treat of some sort. And dark chocolate as my special daily night treat. Drink water! Water is life.
  • spongebobelaine
    spongebobelaine Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The first 2 weeks of diet I feel hungry all the time but as long as I don't faint, I embrace the hunger. Just let the stomach growl.
    But 2 weeks later I get used to the portion I eat and don't feel hunger anymore.
    But Firstly make sure you eat healthy food. High sugar will make you more hungry
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely try 3 bigger meals instead. Snacking all day just doesn't work for some people.. I feel way more satisfied psychologically if I have a big lunch, for example (and it's nice not to have to worry about food all afternoon, but I have hypoglycemia at times so it doesn't always work for me).