Over 45 Dad, fat again, starting again...

Options
taoistpunk
taoistpunk Posts: 57 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Used MFP back in 2014 to go from 250 to 165, and now I'm back in the same boat... alot of pounds and 1 divorce later. Finding it alot harder to get in the mindset to 'jump off' this time. Previously I started by adjusting and counting calories and diet, eliminating high calorie, processed foods for the most part, and then gradually adding a regular exercise routine.

I was a skinny kid and didn't gain weight until my 30's, so most of my life I've been able to eat whatever, whenever...which is tough to beat.

Right now I feel like eating pizza and counting sheep...but going to give it a try since I feel it's preferable and more budget friendly than a fad diet.

If you're in a similar situation, hit me up...once again looking for some similar folks to share the trip with...

Replies

• Viggyfuss
    Viggyfuss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just post a similar post- lost in 2014- changes- gained in 2015- on the boat again. add me if you want to join forces. :)
  • NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Same story just about - MFP in 2013 and 2014. I think maybe in 2012, too. Who knows. Doesn't matter. This time will matter. :smiley:

Pizza and sheep sound fantastic.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Not in your boat, but a 45-year-old Dad of 2. Time is tough to find, and it's difficult to make so many changes at once.

Don't get down. You've done it before, you can do it again. Instead of making a ton of changes trying to lose 100, maybe set a smaller goal (lose 20# for example) and change one or two things. After you achieve this goal, set another and maybe make another change. Doing it this way will keep things from seeming so ominous.

Don't sell pizza short. In moderation it's a great mix of macros!

Feel free to friend me. Good luck!