I've flatlined! 120s by the end of summer group?

Options
I was losing weight at a steady pace when I started this thing. Since the beginning of this year though, I have been stuck at the higher end of the 130s. I reached 135 for about a week then went on a trip that made me gain a few lbs. back. I'm working out, eating right, staying in my limits, and I just can't seem to get down. I'd love to see myself in the 120s by the end of the summer. Does anyone want to start a group?
Any advice, if anything?

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Same here...

Im at 136 finally after 4 months...however since its TOM this past week Ive stayed the same. I want to get in the 120s by the end of summer so hopefully we can both get there!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I suggest reading the blog post in my signature. HOW TO BUST THROUGH A PLATEAU... its brilliant advice, the writer explains that there are three key factors in why we plateau, Cardio training, Weight training, and diet. If you are doing one over abundantly then it will send your body into a plateau. She walks you through how to figure out which one you are doing wrong, and then tells you how to fix it...

My problem is that I need to bump up my calories AGAIN. I am working out too much and not eating enough to compensate so my metabolism is slowing down to preserve the food.

READ IT! ITS AWESOME!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i'd be up for this, been stuck between 138 and 141 for practically two months now :(
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm in! I'm stuck at 135 :sad:
  • alexoftroy
    alexoftroy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Aah, you and I are in the SAME predicament. I've been stuck in the mid-130s for what seems like forever and would absolutely freak to see the high 120s. Count me in!
  • Diamonds_R4_Ever
    Options
    Sounds like you know what to do. Maybe you just need to jumpstart your motabolism. Have you been eating every 2-3 hours? Somehing really simple but it works. I eat 5 - 6 meals a day. Give it a try.
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been floating between 140 and 136 for about two months as well.
  • aliruberto
    aliruberto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok cool! So I've never done one of these support group forums before, but it's nice to see so many people are having the same troubles as me. I feel like I'm so close! I want to (in the long run) get to 115, but if I can reach the twenties before the fall semester starts, I'l be thrilled.
    @ChanellH What kind of meals do you eat?

Oh and also guys, me and my friend have a weight loss blog where we talk all about this stuff. She's around the same weight as me and working towards the same goal. She's on MFP as well.

But yeah lets lose this weight!!!

( http://skinnierself-fatterwallet.tumblr.com/ )
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i am around 133!! I wanna be 125 by the end of summer!!!! count me innnn.
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    I'm in! I've been hovering between 137 and 142.... would love to hit 129 by the end of august!
  • tsrsd4
    tsrsd4 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm at 143 and would love to reach the 120s by the start of school!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I am 130 and would LOVE to be 120 by the end of the summer! Trying to be 125 in mid july then hopefully 120 but the end of august (:
  • embyk
    embyk Posts: 3
    Options
    I don;t EVEN want to discuss how long I have been hovering at 145......enough to make me lose my religion!:frown:
  • aliruberto
    aliruberto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump