Lowering body fat percentage

Options
What are you guys tips to lowering your body fat percentage? I'm a pretty skinny guy now. But my body fat is a little high. Any tips other than lower calorie eating?

Replies

• jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of smart *kitten* responses to this post...but simply put, no. Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out. You can increase the deficit through exercise but it comes back to simple math of burning more calories than you're consuming.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    EShealy_ wrote: »
    What are you guys tips to lowering your body fat percentage? I'm a pretty skinny guy now. But my body fat is a little high. Any tips other than lower calorie eating?

If you are skinny, when you build muscle your bodyfat will be lower as a % because your lean mass will weigh more. Even if you don't lose what fat you have.

What is your goal? If just to be lean, lose more weight to lose more fat, work out enough that you don't lose too much of what muscle you have (Cut). If you are trying to get to muscled, guys say bulk and cut works best but I don't know which one you would do first.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    BF% is just a simple math equation...pounds of fat divided by total body weight. The easiest way to lower your % is just to drop fat and hold onto as much muscle mass as you can. Once you get to 10-12% you can think about bulking to try and add some more muscle as well.