Calling on 5'1" women using Fitbit Charge HR

Options
Hi. Is there anyone else that is only 5'1" and using the Fitbit Charge HR? I was wondering what you have your stride length set to.

Replies

• daryllynn515
    daryllynn515 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha..too funny!! I just went on here to see if anyone used the Fitbit HR Charge because I asked for one for my birthday coming up. Coincidently, I'm 5'2....
    Not sure what my stride length is but glad I found this post or else I'd of never even thought of it. I have been a Fitbit user for about 8 years. I have the FB One and use a heart monitor with it. Looking for an all in one and was wondering what anyone thought of the step count where it's on your arm.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I really love the Charge HR so far. The heart rate monitor seems pretty spot on. I'm doing the tricks of wearing it on non-dominant hand but saying it's dominant and saying I'm an inch shorter than I am. I'd rather have it underestimate my calorie burn than overestimate. I'm still afraid to trust it, though. MFP has me at 1200 calories to lose weight, and before I got my Charge, I only logged whatever exercise I did that day and ate that back. But the Charge is telling me I have used, on average, about 225 calories more per day, even without exercise. I can't get myself to eat those extra calories, though, as I have been stalling out on my weight loss the last month, even though I feel I'm doing everything right and the same way I've done it since last August. :(
    5229779.png
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Update: Decided the Charge HR didn't work for me. Kept telling me I was burning way too many calories. Am going to try to return it. Final straw was when it told me I used 1000 calories over brm when I had only taken a short walk that day. :(