I NEED ADVISE

Options
Hi all!
I just finished finals and although I did the best I've ever done (with food and working out) in this stressful situation I didn't stick to my plan. I cheated a few times and had a few alcoholic beverages.
I feel like I can already feel it in and on my body. I feel like all the progress I have made in the last few weeks is gone?
This is not exactly what I'm worried about: I am going on a field trip for a summer class. It's several hours in the car and 6 days camping. My professor is bringing all of the food because of limited room in the vehicle. I am nervous about eating the food. That it's going to spiral me out of control and I won't be able to pull myself out of this funk.
My question to you is- what/how do you deal with not having control over the food you are eating. I'm really nervous that this trip is going to make me fall back into bad habits.
I have just done so well since January and been in control and I don't want to relapse

Replies

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything and stay within your calorie goal.. what you eat is of little importance when it comes to actual weight-loss..
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm a Boy Scout leader, once a month we go on campouts and then in the summer we have a whole week at summer camp. I am rarely the one that buys the food for the adults but I do take my own snacks. I've learned to just try to be realistic about the food that is available to me. If we have biscuits and gravy for breakfast I eat one biscuit with a reasonable amount of gravy and then eat some fruit. If we have sandwiches for lunch I'll make my sandwich with mustard instead of mayo. I don't go back for seconds just because there is still food left and I estimate my portions for my meals as best I can. Depending on what we have planned for the campout I might end up being more active than I usually am during the day so even if I go over a bit on my calories I figure it will even out. And if I end up eating at maintenance for a day or two that isn't going to make a lot of difference in the long run.
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Reasonable portions.

And I assume you'll be active during this trip? Not counting the time in the car, of course. That will help offset needing to estimate at calories in.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Reasonable portions, opt for lighter options, eat slowly and only when hungry, and be particularly cautious with dressing, peanut butter, and other extras that are calorie dense. Also if you're going camping I assume you'll be pretty active, so I wouldn't stress overly much about this. Try to enjoy yourself!
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be pretty active camping, but depending on the kind of camping you do, you can always add additional activity in. I like to go jogging/hiking/walking in the mornings if there are trails. Even if there aren't trails or you're in bear country and its a bad plan to run alone, you could do a little morning workout- jumping jacks, squats, burpees, high knees, etc. You'd be amazed how many calories you can burn doing 15-30 minutes of that stuff. Beyond that, there are things you can do to keep portions in line- with smores, use a quarter bar of chocolate instead of half, with hotdogs, you can rip the bun in half so you have a holder for the hotdog, but dont eat all the bread, etc.