3 Day Military Diet

Options
I was just wondering if anybody on here had use that diet before. I plan on doing it to help kickstart my weight loss back up. If anyone has used it before what were your results? I have been up and down on my weight loss. Im going to be 25 here soon, so I back on losing weight and hopefully be in the military by the end of this summer!

Replies

• myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i dont recommend it. i did it three times first two i lost a pound. and got dizzy sick and the third i didn't lose anything.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Key to losing weight for life: Finding something you can do for life.
    Focus on healthy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with the military so don't think that it is a good way to reach your goal weight for going into the military. It is a very low calorie diet (1100 something calories) and not something I'd recommend to anybody.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's a very low calorie diet and not recommended. Much better to lose at a slower and more sustainable pace.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you will just lose water and put it back on once the diet is done .. 3 days does nothing
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don't need a kickstart. Just log everything as accurately as possible and you'll lose. Besides, you'll find out soon enough that this "diet" would be completely unsustainable in the military.
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your input everyone, that is why asked before I considered doing it, I wont do this crazy diet. With me being bigger it sounds amazing to do. But after your input and further research I came to the conclusion that this diet is not worth doing.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's a vlcd and talking or promoting vlcd is against mfp guidelines. Glad you changed your mind.
  • theswan76
    theswan76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest. It actually kick-started my diet. It's kinda the reason I started using MFP again. My daughter asked me to try it with her, so I did. She quit after one day and I stuck with it the full three days. I did NOT follow it exactly because, frankly, that's isn't enough calories for me. I added an extra apple one day and then added carrots as a vegetable on day 3 dinner because the only food there was a cup of tuna. Also, where it says eat half a banana, I ate a whole banana.

I lost almost 5 pounds, and now I'm ready to use MFP to track what I eat and stay within a reasonable range of calories. So it did work for me, but it is not for everyone. Also, as a nurse, I feel the need to say that it really is not enough calories.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I <3 hot dogs and ice cream, but the diet is nonsense.