Any suggestions on pre workouts??

Options
13»

Replies

• hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think pre workouts are a waste of money. Have a coffee maybe?
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Gives me that extra boost of energy whenever I need it. I workout in the morning and I am not morning person at all, I don't drink coffee either so sometimes I need something to wake me up and push me to workout. I don't use it all the time though. Usually a banana protein shake does the job :)
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    C4 worked well for me, and I'm very sensitive to caffeine. Recently though, to save money and to control what/how much of the ingredients I'm ingesting, I started making my own PWO by mixing beta-alanine (because I like the tingly/itchy feeling), creatine, and a flavor packet. You can also add BCAAs if you'd like, especially if you are working out first thing in the morning or while fasting. I tried taking a caffeine pill with it, but found it was impossible to sleep at night, no matter what time I took the pill. Now I use a flavor packet that contains 60mg of caffeine, and it gives me enough of an energy boost to enhance my workout but still lets me get decent rest at night.

I purchase my beta-alanine, creatine, and BCAAs from Bulk Supplements on Amazon. My flavor packets are from Walmart.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Optimum Nutrition Platinum Pre. I've been using it for close to 2 years now. I usually take 1 scoop but will bump up to 2 before workouts I know will be intense. I do rotate in Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-workout. It's not bad, but it doesn't have everything that Pre has, and also throws in creatine - so if you're not taking that (since you're asking about pre-workouts, I'd consider adding creatine for sure and do that if you could only do one thing) you would rule that out. I use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy (mentioned above) but I use it as an intra workout drink.
  • GingerNutAddiction
    GingerNutAddiction Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protameal.
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Coffee