In panic...!

Options
Going to vocation 4th of July and my weight at the moment is 109 kg. My but is so huge and my legs ....arghhh oh, and uper arms.. Cant even look at them. I am so angry at myself at the moment! And sad... Very sad. I promised myself last summer that it will be the last summer i am spending fat, but nooo...here i go again. All that shame when i have to go to the beach looking like this. And i have to, because of my little ones. Now, my goal is to loose 10 kg (20 pounds) by the 4th of July...i know it want solve my problem but i will look just a little bit better, i hope... What do you think, do i have the time?!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    At your current weight, you can safely lose two pounds per week.

If you want to lose enough weight to get to goal and stay there, you have to work with your diet and your mindset and your emotions. Weight management is slow and can feel boring. So you need to put together a diet that you can and will stick to, not just to lose weight, but because you like the food and it makes you feel good. Shame will only make you feel miserable, and feeling miserable will make you want to eat more of the stuff that doesn't help you reach your nutritional goals. We all want to be slim, and we all hate to be fat, but that doesn't make us slim, we have to get in habits and attitudes that makes us slim.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the beach with no body shaming. Work on your 1-2 lbs of weight loss per week by making good decisions. Learn to love the food that loves you back. Do the exercises that you like enough to do again. Make short term and long term goals. Journal your feelings as well as your food and exercise. You might could lose up to 15 lbs by July 4th. Work really hard to avoid the trap of being on or off a diet. Your weight will come off. Take a deep breath and make good decisions today.
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had a massive weight loss last week and I wasn't being unreasonable with my eating habits to make it happen either. I lost 10.5lbs (4.8kg) last week. My current weight, 125kg, and desperate to lose the excess.

4th July is still some time away, you've got about 5/6weeks. Anything you lose is an achievement, so be proud regardless of whether you reach your target or not. I've already told myself that I'll set myself a long term goal and mini short term goals along the way...what I refuse to do is set a time scale as to when I expect it to happen by because if I don't reach it, I'll be disappointed. Everybody's body's react differently to food and what might make you lose weight at one speed, may affect someone else faster/slower. Just aim to reach your goal(s), not necessarily by a certain time.

You never know, this time next year you could be a skinny-minnie strutting around the beach in a tiny bikini! Unfortunately, for the likes of us bigger ladies and gents, we have a long journey ahead of us, but it will be worth it in the end, both for our own self-esteem and confidence, and also for the health benefits we will reap. But don't be ashamed to bare yourself as you are now...you are beautiful regardless of your size and anyone shallowed minded enough just to focus on size doesn't deserve your attention.

Remember any loss is better than no loss and there's always someone else aiming for the same goal as you...and hey, you already skinnier than me ;-)
  • jimboslice222
    jimboslice222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trust me ... I like big butts ... I cannot lie ......