Veggie Recipes?

Options
kelseyavaughan
kelseyavaughan Posts: 21 Member
I've been trying to get into new vegetables and new ways of cooking vegetables. I've tried all sorts vegetables but I'm looking for new recipes to try. What are your favourite veggie dishes?! Complex or simple let me know!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love noodle-less lasagna made with thin planks of zucchini and eggplant instead of the noodles, and cutting the ricotta cheese half and half with crumbled firm tofu. Yummy, filling and only about 160 calories
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My very favorite is to roast them with olive oil (brussel sprouts, radishes, bell peppers, squash, onion... yum, all of it!) I also have a recipe for a summer vegetable cobbler I haven't tried yet. It's zucchini, red bell peppers, and onions baked with a biscuit topping. I got it off of the Taste from Home website
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, roasted brussels spouts with sausage or bacon:
    http://damndelicious.net/2014/11/10/roasted-garlic-brussels-sprouts/

• cdarned
    cdarned Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Organic carrots sauteed with onions, broccoli, bell peppers, fresh garlic, and olive oil. Make sure veggies are a little crispy. Yummy!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Fresh green beans baked for 15-20 min on 400 degrees w olive oil, salt and pepper add roasted almonds before serving!

• meeliebug79
    meeliebug79 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Each Friday I love to throw all kinds of leftover vegetables (zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, etc) into a pot, add a lot of Mrs. Dash, mixed herbs, some red pepper flakes, water to cover and let it cook for a couple hours. Easy way to use up all the veggies in the fridge before they go bad.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Roasted root vegetables (beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, red onion) cooked w/thyme & topped with olive oil and sautéed beet greens. So delicious & incredibly healthy. I think the recipe is on allrecipes.com
  • JennELKA_78744
    JennELKA_78744 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love a great salad with some kind of weird ingredients, like beets. I find all kinds of interesting recipes on Pintrest for those. Also, I've started making my own dressings so that even a really typical salad seems a bit decadent or exciting. I make this egg white, a huge amount of spinach, mushrooms, garlic, onion, and a little swiss cheese. I make it in a 9" x 9" pan using parchment paper so there's hardly any clean up. Bake it until a toothpick comes out clean... about an hour. Not sure if you can see this recipe but it's my own mishmash of a bunch of others: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/195306720234941

I am also into zucchini pizza boats and cauliflower anything with cheese or nutritional yeast. I tend to follow a lot of vegan recipes since they tend to be lower calorie. I still am officially a meat eater but the vegans are definitely making veggies more amazing than I ever would have imagined. I love roasted cabbage "steaks". Most all of my recipes these days are on Pintrest.
  • Kathleen1Clements
    Kathleen1Clements Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I can't wait to try some of these. I love cauliflower and broccoli baked in the oven with all kinds of spices. Also Zucchini, baked with a little olive oil and garlic and lots of pepper, or dash.
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ASIAN BROCCOLI & MUSHROOMS
    YIELD: 4

Ingredients
    3 cups fresh broccoli florets
    4 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
    1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch® Olive Oil
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon butter
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
    1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne

Nutritional Facts

3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.

Directions
    1.In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli and mushrooms in olive oil, sesame oil and butter until tender. Add the garlic, seasoning blend and chipotle pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 4 servings
  • 64heyjude
    Options
    Cheesy Cauliflower Patties = YUM YUM!

1 head cauliflower
    2 large eggs
    1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
    1/2 c panko (found in the bread crumb aisle, healthier option)
    1/2 t cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)
    salt
    olive oil

Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.

I don't have the nutritional info on this one, but can put thru recipe builder.
  • 64heyjude
    Options
    Something different. Haven't tried this yet, but looks interesting.

CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING

1 + 1/2 ripe California Avocado, peeled and flesh removed from pit
    As needed 1/3 cup quality cocoa powder (100% pure cacao)
    As needed 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
    As needed 1/4 cup coconut milk
    As needed 2 tsp vanilla essence

Instructions

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.