How to get back on track?

Options
I have slipped up after having a great 3 weeks of sticking to a healthy lifestyle and not overeating. Anything you can recommend to getting back on track and having long term weight loss success?

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Log it and move forward. What's your motivation for losing weight? Mine is wanting to see as much of my grandchildren's lives as possible.

So, I have pictures of my grandson on my fridge. My short term goals are taped to my mirror so I read them when I wake up.

Choosing a healthy lifestyle isn't a sentence. It's a choice and a great one.
  • kstreet33
    kstreet33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself. Also don't look at one slip up as a failure. Just jump back on board right away and things will be fine!!! You can do this!
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dont stress is, tomorrow is a new day
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Logging everyday, everything you eat, good or bad is what works. Make it a habit, use the daily log in streak as your motivator.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdle to maintaining healthy eating habits is a tendency to restrict too much. Make sure you aren't going too low with your calories. If you hate the food you eat or starving yourself, your eventually going to have a binge and go off the rails. That's my pattern and I'm trying hard to break it. Good luck!
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey man, everyone slips up once in awhile. Just remember why you started in the first place and get back to it.

My advice is to try and enjoy the process.

Eat things that you like and can fit into your daily intake, do exercises that you find fun, and set small weekly goals for yourself.

Make a list of these goals as you accomplish them and take a look at that list if you ever slip up again. :smiley:
  • merryday11
    merryday11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with kittykarin. I have found when I am too restrictive I cannot sustain it for more than a couple of weeks. Accepting that you're in this for the long haul and have to find an eating plan you are comfortable with is key. For me, a few more calories and losing about a pound a week has kept me going for 10 months and 43 pounds. Don't give up!
  • ipandicorn
    ipandicorn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What works for me when I slip up is remembering why I'm trying to get in better shape. I don't know your reason, so I don't know if it's strong enough to push you.
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above plus know that you're human... if losing weight was easy every one would be skinny. I fall off the wagon and get right back up and try again. Having to work harder to get back to where I was before a binge makes me think harder and stay disiplined for longer.