So I have this gluten allergy...

Options
2»

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    See? This is why MFP needs a like button :)

Seconded!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Soy sauce alternative: coconut aminos. I can vouch for their soy sauciness. YUM.
    For recipes for coconut and almond flours, check out Elanaspantry.com and comfybelly.com
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Rice. You can find just about anything typically that is made from wheat made from rice. Cereals, breads, crackers, flour.
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Isn't tamari also gluten free.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce alternative: coconut aminos. I can vouch for their soy sauciness. YUM.
    For recipes for coconut and almond flours, check out Elanaspantry.com and comfybelly.com

You can buy gluten free soy sauce. Tamari is tradionally brewed without grains and has a great flavor. Just read the ingredients or look for one labelled gluten free.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I noticed the other day that walmart had a gluten free section, but I don't know if all stores are doing this.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I've been looking at soy sauce, tamari, etc. and saw that I missed a coupon while at Whole Foods this weekend for San-J gluten-free sauces, including tamari, soy sauce, and various Asian marinades and dressings. Dang it! It's a 45-minute drive back up there. Might be just as cost-effective to hit a local grocery and see if they carry San-J sauces even though I won't be able to use the coupon.
  • mbolton55
    mbolton55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease and have to eat gluten free. I was also just recently diagnosed but I can open my food diary up to public if you friend me and see if I have any suggestions. The only thing is I am not vegetarian so I do eat a lot of chicken. Good luck to you and just do a lot of reading on the internet and there are good books out there too...