harder to lose weight

Options
Hello,

Ive been at this weight loss on and off for 2 years now and have lost a total of 43 lbs (almost half pre-MFP).
I'm in my 150's now and have noticed the past 6-8 months how hard it is to lose even 1 lb! Anyone else having this issue with weight loss drastically slowing down? When did it begon for you?

Any tips are welcome.

Thank you!

Replies

• spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes ME...the first 6 months weight was coming off GREAT, since May I struggle to lose even 4 lbs for the month, not even 1 pound a week...

I'm looking for suggestons...I have changed my workout thinking that was the issue logged my food, and I know that has changed so I'm started back on my veggies and fruits, less junk food...

But for the most part I eat sensible and still NO RESULTS...

HELP ME PLEASE!

Sorry that I was no help to you, but maybe we can find the answer(s) we're looking for.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the answer for you! It's so frustratying isn't it!

So thanks for asking the question as I'm interested in responses to your question because....

I'm having the same problem! I joined MFP back in Feb/March (I think) and have only lost 9Ib in spite of exercising regularly and being really quite disciplined with my food and diary. I upped my calorie allowance by 200calories a day last week and am hoping that I haven't gained....but its not not looking too good!

Who's got the answer then! Lol!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    sorry i cant be of any help but im having the same problem. i work out 5-6 days a week and for the last month i have not lost a single pound! ugh!!! so frustrating!! someone suggested getting my body fat tested professionally because maybe my body is meant to be this size...i guess itssomething to look into.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'd maybe try upping your calorie consumption for a couple of days to re-kick start your metabolism before lowering it again
    that seemed to work for me :) x
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been at this for about a year and a half and I've lost almost 100 lbs. Now that I'm only 20 lbs away from goal...it is totally slowing down. I think the closer you are to your goal, the harder it will be. BUT, from experience, everytime I hit a plateau I have to change my workout routine and kind of "shock" my body into losing weight. If you use the same routine every week, your body just gets used to it. I suggest trying some circuit training with weights two days a week, and then three days of cardio of your choice. I also do a very low calorie consumption (1200 cals), but I kind of rollercoaster on it. A few days a week I'll do 1200, a few days I'll eat some of my exercise calories back...the goal is just not to let my body get used to how I'm eating or exercising...that means bad news for me, haha. I hope this helps in some way!
  • WettonJ
    WettonJ Posts: 21
    Options
    I think increasing your cardio and weights along with greater protein it dos really help to boost your fat loss.. i lost over 7 stone in one year then it slowed right down but now its starting to get back on track but in a healthy way.
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.

I have upped my calorie intake several times, but going back onto program doesn't change my weight like I'd like it to.

ahah I at least want a few lbs to come off a month if I'm working this hard.

I've been training for a 10K. I'm someone who used to not be able to run more than a mile, but have been training for the past 7 weeks. My 10K is on the 4thof July and I'm up to 5 miles under 49 minutes. I'm running 4 times a week anywhere between 2 and 5 miles.

Running like this has helped because I've seen the scale move, but verrrry slowly (something like 2-3 lbs the past 6 weeks).

bright side : At least I'm not gaining. Was just curious as to why the weight comes off at a snails pace as I've gotten lighter.

Thank you!