Running: foot & calf pain

Options
Hello,

For a few runs now, I've had a pain in my left foot along the bone of my big toe from the joint to the ankle. Last night, I moved from C25K W3D3 to W4D1 and I had muscular pain up the inside side of my calf and a little jabbing pain about halfway up.

Does anyone know what this is? :s I have semi-flat feet which have given me some issues before but not like this.

I thought it could be due to my gait and really focused on adjusting it but it hasn't particularly helped.

Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rest it, ice it, see a physio if it's no better
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Agree with resting and icing. Please don't try to ignore it and simply "run through it". Get it checked out if the pain/soreness persists.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Rest it and ice it. Also, having dealt with the same pain, stretch often! Loosen up those calf muscles!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    How old are your shoes? I always get calf/Achilles tendon pain and pain the the bottom of my foot when it's time for new shoes.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention shoes too. Go to a store that will watch your gait, check your old shoes and recommend ones for your feet
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely go get fitted for running shoes. Having the right shoes makes all the difference in the world!