Canned chicken breast

Options
e_v_v
e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
A while back I bought a bunch of canned chicken breast, but then I realized I really have no idea what to do with it. Any recipe suggestions for using it up BESIDES SALADS??

Thanks!

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Enchiladas?
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    About any kind of chicken stew or pot pie.
    Fettuccine alfredo with chicken.
    I wouldn't want to routinely use canned instead of fresh but it's great in a pinch or emergency.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Chicken patties
    Quesadillas
    Omelettes
    pizza topping
    Stir fries
    Chicken fried rice
    Sautéed veggies and chicken
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I use canned chicken in enchiladas, a number of different Chinese dishes. I have used in in jambalaya
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is not the lightest of dishes but delicious.

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
    Serves-12 (1 cup each)

16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked
    1 lb. Velvetta Light cheese
    12.5 oz. can chicken breast, drained and flaked
    1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel)
    4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
    1/2 cup water
    1 small onion, diced
    1 medium green pepper, diced
    salt and pepper, to taste

Spray Crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well. Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir again just before serving.
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken dip using 2 cans of chicken. I use lower fat cheeses and dressing, and it always turns out delicious and macro-friendly.
  • kar_yne08
    kar_yne08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken was my go to lunch for a while..I may have been slightly obsessed. I typically make an open faced chicken sandwich. Canned chicken with either melted cream cheese and Buffalo sauce or mayo and siracha, add green onion and cranberries and top on a piece of eye toast then bake in the oven for a few minutes. Only use about 2tbsp of cream cheese or mayo. One can makes 4 sandwiches.
  • moniyq1994
    moniyq1994 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We use it for nachos all the time drain the chicken then stick in a Ziploc bag and add in preferred amounts of taco seasoning, lime juice and/or lemon juice and shake and mix the bag till chicken is well seasoned our favorite way to do nachos is take a deep oven pan and first layer it with tortilla chips (i get organic low sodium ones most of the time) then on top of those a layer of re-fried beans (fat free or reduced for less calories) then add the chicken on top of this then add shredded cheese (Mexican blend is best and again reduced fat if you want) then pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted serve with your favorite nacho toppings (mine are tomatoes, onion, olives, avocado, a little sour cream or fat free plain greek yogurt and a some salsa) its so delicious easy and very very versatile and i can usually tweak it enough that i can make it easily fit into my caloric budget for the day