Friends for support

Options
I have recently started my road to recovering from anorexia. An illness that has stripped me of everything I once was...but not anymore.

Is there anyone going through similar. I am finding the refeeding process difficult because of bloating and cramps plus water retention. It makes dealing with feelings a bit more difficult and confusing. But I am determined not to have a hospital stay. If I can do this in the community I think il be better off in the long run.

Any suport/guidance would be greatly appreciated ☺

Replies

• creasey1990
    creasey1990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi first things first well done for how far you have come! I suffered with anorexia through my late teens to early twenties and I want you to know that you can do this!

I know it is hard to deal with the feeling of bloating and the psychological problems that come with that.

If you need anything don't be afraid to ask

I went into rehab for mine because I knew I was too stubborn to change at the time so if you can do it without going into hospital then do it...

The bloating feeling and other negative side effects will go away with time just stay strong and don't be afraid to confide in people
  • EmilySC244
    EmilySC244 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your words! Sometimes it feels like no one around me knows how I feel and to be honest I can't really expect them to fully, so it means a lot to have someone to speak to who has been there and can relate.
  • blairrob12
    blairrob12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to send a request. I just rejoined today and I'm also trying to gain.
  • nikkinyiel
    nikkinyiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also looking to gain... :)
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Also trying to gain...
  • IllyAl116
    IllyAl116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on your recovery! That's worth bragging about and being proud of!!!! So happy for you! I'm also gaining weight by puttin on muscles and trying to incorporate "healthy fats" and proteins in my diet
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm also in recovery. Feel free to add me!