newby

Options
Islasgirl
Islasgirl Posts: 19 Member
Hi, I am a 67 year old that has been morbidly obese all of my adult life. Loosing my younger sister to this same thing plus the diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroidism in 2002 I was determined to change. Lost almost 120 lbs and had kept all but 5 of it from coming back. A recent dignosis of COPD/emphasema (30 yrs of 2nd hand smoke) and bradycardia and new medications have caused me to gain 20 lbs and now it is time to get my life back! It is so hard to loose when you get old and have multiple health problems. But I am determined to do this. If I can share anything it is for you younger gals and guys NOT to wait until you are older and get all the health problems that are basically caused by obesity.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just started also. Needing to lose over 100 lbs is scary but I hope the support of MFP members will make the journey a little smoother. Nice to meet you and good luck. I'm Tracey count me as a buddy:)

8876466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I have been here for 5 weeks and just the short time has made a change in my life. I have done Weight Watchers and lost 52 pounds only to put it back on plus some. I find myself more accountable than when I did WW. I love MFP, the support from everyone is great.
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Howdy!!
  • ahance04
    ahance04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started this and can't wait to see my progress. I have already been working out consistantly for 4 months now and still do not see any weight loss or a change. So hopefully I can pinpoint what I am doing wrong:-)