Need advice please

Options
My current job requires me to run almost everyday varying distance and speed. I have days that i may have 15-20 mins left to hit the gym. What workout should i do to work on full body. Not looking for body building rather some that can improve endurance. Thanks...

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Well, endurance isn't built in 15 minutes, but you can improve your strength. What activity or activities do you want the endurance for?
  • jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mainly, running however im aware that i need to work my core pretty much full body to reduce chances of injuries. I could probably stretch my gym time to 30 mins. What split wprkout can i do?
  • Fight_with_discipline
    Fight_with_discipline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would do the stronglift fullbody workout program, It builds overall strength and then when you feel you've reached the level of strength you want you can switch routine.
    it takes about half an hour depending on how many people are in the gym, a little more time in the beginning as you're learning the techniques and then if you continue also more time for rest in between sets.
  • jeromeloresco05
    Options
    Will this interfere with my running?
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Look into turbulence training or circuit training in general
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    circuit training is a great fully body workout you can do if you don't have a lot of time!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do seated ellipitcal for 33 minutes and rotate between upper body and legs on the weight machines 4 days a week my workouts total about 78 minutes each time. 33minutes on the seated ellipitical and the rest of the time on the weight machines. You could also contact a personal trainer for advice
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Will this interfere with my running?

Run more. Unless you're over 100+ miles per week you will improve running by running. It's a very specific endurance adaptation and you're not going to get it doing burpees or squats (those have other benefits but not here).

What job pays you to run? I'm guessing military or some gym job (which sounds awesome).
  • jeromeloresco05
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys. I'll look into all of it and maybe mix them up so i don't get bored.