I'm here to drop 85 lbs. Any suggestions?

Options
I was told have liver if not chronic liver disease where doc gold me to lose weight. I have lost now 6.5 lbs in 3 weeks. And s once Jan it's 13 (unintentionally ). I have another 85 to go. I am confident I will achieve this as my will is unbreakable. I'm doing this to be there for my son.

Replies

• amwSweetthang
    amwSweetthang Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Remove trigger foods out of your cabinets and fridge. Let your closest friends and family know so they can assist you with support and encouragement and hold you accountable.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you can invest 10-15$ into a food scale, that would be optimal for making sure your calorie count is correct and it would teach you more about your own eating habits. If you want to start being active, start with something really easy like walking everyday, just to build a habit.
  • cleliajestrada
    cleliajestrada Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I walk almost everyday minimum 5,000 steps. W pedometer.n I t each my food on app.
  • cleliajestrada
    cleliajestrada Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go beyond 5,000. And for 3 weeks dieting. I cut alot of stuff out. Long journey ahead but I feel patient and confident
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree weighing food in grams was my secret. Don't trust the box labels.
  • adcc407
    adcc407 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Plan your diet, and plan when and what you are going to eat. Dont wait till you are hungry.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to losing weight to get healthy! I bought a FitBit to track my steps. One thing that has helped me immensely in losing weight is gradually upping my daily step goal. When I first started, I was typically walking about 9,000 steps a day. So I decided after a week or so to aim for 11,000 and then after a couple of weeks of that I upped it again and my current goal is to hit 18,000 steps a day. In order to get to that number of steps I usually have to do a dedicated hour to hour and a half of walking every day on top of my normal steps. I haven't seen huge losses yet but I have lost 2 inches on my hips!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I started 1.5 years ago and lost 50 pounds rather quickly. My advice would be to establish a routine that you enjoy or can learn to enjoy and reasonably challenge yourself to keep yourself on your toes. Set short term goals and keep at it until you hit you ultimate goal.
    Best!
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! Keep logging consistently, measure everything (EVERYTHING) :wink: celadontea is right to suggest a good food scale. Remember you didn't put it on overnight....and that it's going to take some time to get rid of it.

Get yourself a fabric measuring tape and take some body measurements (arms, bust, waist, hips, legs, etc). It'll help you see your body is changing even if the numbers on the scale havent changed much.

If you're just getting into the exercise - why not try something fun like playing Frisbee or going for a bike ride with your son? Myself - i work exercise into my work day - I exercise on my lunch. If you're able - go for a walk at lunch time and play with your son in the evening. Makes exercise way more tolerable and less boring!

Best of luck! I have over 100 lbs to lose :blush: I'm hoping to hit the 20 lbs lost in the next couple of days if I can manage it! Add me if you like.
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Small changes add up! Make it a point to make good choices each day, and add weekly and monthly goals (small ones) to help you get there. Add more water, increase your steps by 1000 each week, do mini workouts. Every good choice gets you 1 step closer to your goal. You can do this!!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE and eat a little below. Weigh everything. Be consistent. Ensure you have adequate protein intake, and I also strongly suggest resistance training regularly.

You seem to be doing good so far. No magic pills unfortunately, but keep at it and you'll do great!