Best Protein Powder?

Options
I was wondering whatever thinks is the best protein powder taste/texture wise. I tried some from Muscle Max and I just couldn't stand the texture/after taste of it.

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I use Prolific Isolate by G6 Sports. It's suppose to be one of the cleanest whey protein powders out there. 25g of protein and the list of ingredients is really short. Tastes pretty good. I just mix it with water but it's great in smoothies as well. I like Vanilla. 100 calories per serving and no carbs.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Pharm Combat and Optimim Nutrition Gold Standard. They both mix completely, even iced coffee, and neither one leaves a chalky after taste.
  • all847
    all847 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like sunwarrior...the pea protein one.. it is sweetness with stevia.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    isopure unflavored
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    im a big fan of iso dymatize.. I;ve only had fudge brownie, but its absolutely delicious!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I cannot stand any powder just stirred in water.
    I bought a $14 mixer from walmart, and now I make the shakes with skim milk.
    Could it be the way you are making it?
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I use the True Athlete unflavored...I can't do Stevia or Sucralose, which is in many flavored ones, so it limits my options a bit. I mix it in a mini blender with fruit, almond milk (or orange juice), and spinach or greens powder, sometimes yogurt. I've also mixed it in with a homemade milk shake.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    For taste and texture, Trutein wins hands down for me.

However, since I started coaching people I no longer recommend it. I've never seen any third party lab tests to verify product integrity and the company had some other prior legal issues which makes me highly suspicious.

So, Optimum Nutrition is my default now. I have seen multiple lab reports posted online where a variety of products are tested for integrity and ON continues to prove themselves.

It also tastes great (Mocha Cappucino and Salted Caramel are my current favorites) and is reasonably priced compared to other brands.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For me personally it's Optimum Nutrition and with it being a whey protein it's absorbed and digested pretty quickly Vanilla flavour with almond milk it's nice! :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Very few people actually need protein supplementation. It's popular and common, but that doesn't make it safe. Talk with your doctor prior to using any otc dietary supplement.
  • adamcroft
    adamcroft Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pulsin soya or whey, thrown into a fruit smoothie. 400/500 calorie breakfast, 40-50g of protein. Does me until lunchtime.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like Syntha 6
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's completely personal and subjective based on your taste. Some fitness shops will have single serving packages which you could try things.

I personally like Quest, Dymatize, Pure Protein, Designer Whey, Muscle Milk, and EAS
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I personally love Thrive shakes! Pea protein and lots of vitamins too. Comes in vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have always used egg white protein powder or rice protein powder because I was afraid of whey (lactose intolerant).

I rarely see anybody mentioning egg white protein powder. Why does whey seem to be the gold standard?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have always used egg white protein powder or rice protein powder because I was afraid of whey (lactose intolerant).

I rarely see anybody mentioning egg white protein powder. Why does whey seem to be the gold standard?

Whey & casein has been shown to be more effective. But if you consume a variety of proteins during the day, it probably won't make a difference.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard. Don't waste your money on anything else.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Anyone use the GNC products? Their Amplified Gold compared favorably to the Optimum Nutrition in terms of contents and calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition and Quest, they actually taste like the flavour on the label :lol: Plus they mix well, no gritty bits or powder aftertaste.