Chia seeds

Options
blackoceanview
blackoceanview Posts: 51 Member
I need some recipe's for chia seeds. I don't mind if it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. Tell me your favorite recipes.

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I put 15 grams in my smoothies for extra fiber.
  • sandysilva94
    sandysilva94 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put them on a piece of toast with sliced bananas and peanut butter its really good ohhh i also add them to water
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Chia Almond Milk pudding.

250 Ml water, 20g almond butter, 30g of protein powder - blend in a blender with your sweetener of choice.
    Pour out into a mason jar or similar( i used a protein shake cup with a lid)
    Add 40g chia seeds and shake.
    Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or more, you will end up with Chia pudding.

Nutrition per 100g: 480kj (115Cals) 5gcarb 7gFat 10g Protein
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Love them in Fage Greek yogurt. I eat 1 cup of yogurt with 1 tsp of chia seeds. I add my pyure sweetner or swerve, sometimes I will add a tsp of almond extract or vanilla or peanut butter powder with a little sea salt added in. Tastes like peanut butter cheesecake and even more if you add part skim ricotta. I have not tried the ricotta yet but my sister loves that. Let the yogurt sit in fridge for @20 min to thicken.
    I also love chia seeds in my oatmeal. Yummy!! Love the consistency it gives.
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pancakes!!

1 Jumbo egg
    1 TBLS Chia Seeds
    1 TBLS flax seeds
    Salt, Cinnamon, Sweeten to taste
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I use them to thicken gravy.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I always have chia pudding around:
    2 cups coconut milk
    ½ cup Chia Seeds
    ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
    ¼ cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
    Put in mason jar, shake, chill for a few hours.

I add 1T to my almond meal pancake (1/4 cup almond meal, 1 egg, 1T chia).

I add 1T to my Cheerios or oats.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    2 cups coconut milk
    ½ cup Chia Seeds

How many calories and servings for the chia pudding? Sounds yummy!!

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I add more chia seeds and less coconut, but you can tweak it for yourself! They are soooo good!!!! I eat one or two an hour before a workout...keeps me going!!
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    2 cups coconut milk
    ½ cup Chia Seeds

How many calories and servings for the chia pudding? Sounds yummy!!

5 servings of about 1/2 cup each, about 160 calories. 8g fiber. I used pure maple syrup, not Aunt Jemimah. ;)

Some variations here. My serving size is more for a dessert than a meal. And I use either unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, whatever I have around.
    http://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding-recipe/
  • cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of salad and veggies and I put chia, sesame, and flax seeds in all my leafy salads, potato salad, Chinese and Asian foods, In chicken salad and steamed squash & onions. I like the crunch in yogurt and oatmeal too! CJ
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old son just eats them out of his hand. No recipie there!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like the chia pudding also but I only but the 1/2 c chia in with vanilla almond milk( one small mason jar full. Best if left in fridge over night. I shake it up once in a while to unstick the chia seeds. I eat one cup a serving. Yummy. Cals are just the chia and the almond milk.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did my first chia pudding this morning (well I mixed it last night but ate it for breakfast). I doubled up on a recipe as I wanted a nice big portion - it came to 280 calories in total and was gorgeous and really filling. I've just made the next one for tomorrow.
    You just whisk together 31g chia seeds, 180ml unsweetened soy (or other) milk, 12g cocoa powder, half a teaspoon cinnamon and some sweetener of your choice (I used a tablespoon stevia and a tablespoon of walden farms pancake syrup) then leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can either eat it 'as is' or blend so it's smooth - I left it chunky and loved it :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle chia seeds on anything. They have no taste and I find them fun to eat because they swell up!!!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I add them to lots of things - muffins, breads, smoothies, cereal (weetbix with milk).
    My favourite actual recipe so far was pistachio pudding... based on this recipe:
    http://www.autumnmakesanddoes.com/2013/10/17/pistachio-chia-pudding/

I simplified it right down the second time so it was just pistachios blended with water to make "milk" with chia seeds added. I added a little honey to one serving, but it really didn't need it, the pistachios gave it such a lovely flavour anyway.