Sad

Options
Mersie1
Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
Hi all! I should
Be asleep! I want to be asleep, but anxiety and sorrow have me in its grips again so I thought I'd try and just vent for a minute. I'm so tired of feeling so low. I went a week where I felt really good energetic, happy. It's like I can't trust that feeling bec I know- usually without warning, I will
Feel so down. I am stuck in a pattern of bingeing and don't know which triggers which. Tried 3 different meds once a year ago with the help of a doc. Didn't feel much different. About to begin working w a nutritionist. I feel
Sad about my weight, life, I feel scared but don't know why. I miss my mom and wish my dad wasn't so old. I know everyone has their struggles and I guess this anxiety is mine. Thanks for reading .vent over- now I'll try to sleep again. Sweet dreams!

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It sure is hard tofeel that way. I hope you got some sleep.
    Have you tried therapy? Meditation? Exercise?
  • Mersie1
    Options
    Hi! Yes yes and yes! Not giving up though! Thanks for your reply!!
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry you are feeling so low. Everyone has things they are going thru so dont feel weak.. You are human. But you need to dust yourself off and keep trying!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    thanks for venting. i hope it made you feel better. anxiety sucks.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Anxiety and depression is hard. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • locolew
    locolew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Check your thyroid...can be a barometer of mood swings, lack of energy, wiped out feeling.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just here to say I hear you. Depression and/or constant sadness sucks. Hugs.
  • Mersie1
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My thyroid appears to be fine. I wonder if I don't have huge hormonal swings. But... My persistent bingeing (about 1x wk) I'm sure exacerbates the problem that already exists. Thankfully I seem to bounce- fall down 9 times get up 10. Dusting myself off again. Looking for as many different supports that I can get and I'm moving on!!! Thanks so much for reaching out!
  • gaynore812
    gaynore812 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Mersie
    Don't give yourself a hard time
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Much hugs.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to lose a parent...and with depression like a cloud over you, it is even more difficult. I'm sorry you're going through this. I suffer from depression and I know, in my case, medications didn't help either. Sometimes I just have to find ways to be happy in my own way. Maybe its not the Hollywood version of a happy life but that's OK. One thing that really helped me was to stay busy, find ways to get out and be around others and to never address my problems at night. Anything you think about at night is harder! Feel free to add me. Good luck!