Possible to gain nearly a stone in 2 months?

Options
Hey guys, so I've been trying to gain weight for a while and I did a little bit last month however I've been slacking with gym and diet but starting again properly tomorrow. I'm 22, weight 61/62 kg, 5"11 and want to weigh about 70kg by end of July but I want you guys to let me know if that's possible? I will be making my dairy public from tomorrow so it would be great if some of use could add me as a friend and see how I'm doing and could advice me what to eat and if I'm having enough! Cheers guys

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    kayemali wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I've been trying to gain weight for a while and I did a little bit last month however I've been slacking with gym and diet but starting again properly tomorrow. I'm 22, weight 61/62 kg, 5"11 and want to weigh about 70kg by end of July but I want you guys to let me know if that's possible? I will be making my dairy public from tomorrow so it would be great if some of use could add me as a friend and see how I'm doing and could advice me what to eat and if I'm having enough! Cheers guys

Do you want to gain fat or muscle?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you should only expect to gain one half to one lb per week of muscle. I guess it would be possible to gain that much "weight" in two months, but most of it would be fat. I'm sure people with more experience will chime in with more specific info...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You sure can gain 14 lbs in two months. But at most, it will be about 4 lbs of muscle, the rest will mostly be fat. But that is also based on having a good workout routine. So if you continue to slack, it will mainly be fat.
  • kayemali
    kayemali Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cheers for advice guys!